Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Restore Backup

Quote Reply
Restore Backup
When trying to restore data from backup file I get the following error:

Importing lsql_Links ... (starting at line 924 of /home/avispanet/links.txt)
Starting import to table lsql_Links ...
A fatal error has occured:

execute called with 23 bind variables when 17 are needed at /home/www/website/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/Import/BKS2.pm line 167, chunk 924.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Apparently some files are not automaticaly updated when aditional columns are added in links table. Six (6) columns/variables were added and the backup data file contains their info when it was created/exported. Any idea how can I restore the backup file without any errors?
Post deleted by vic In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [vic] Restore Backup In reply to
Think found the problem, there are only 17 header variables at links row. Need to insert 6 header variables. As the backup file is 35 mb, pico editor does not allow me to edit it. Can I download the backup file, edit it as an ascii file and then upload the corrected one? My concern is the file warning:

THIS FILE IS NOT A TEXT FILE. You should NOT attempt to edit this file as you will end up corrupting the data contained in it

Is there any other file editor that would support a file this large?
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Think found the problem, there are only 17 header variables at links row. Need to insert 6 header variables. As the backup file is 35 mb, pico editor does not allow me to edit it. Can I download the backup file, edit it as an ascii file and then upload the corrected one? My concern is the file warning:

I think, it would be easier to insert the additional fields in your new Links table and then do the import again. If you do not need these fields any longer, you can delete them after import.
So you have not to edit your backup file.

I hope this help you.
--
malinet Informatik (http://www.linkssql.info)
the German language reseller of Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [malinet] Restore Backup In reply to
Thanks Malinet, but the thing is that the variables do exist in tables and in the backup file, it is only the file headers in the backup file that are not complete, need to add 6 variable headers.
Quote Reply
Download --> Edit --> Upload --> Restore Backup, took some time but worked just fine.
Quote Reply
Heaven. Thank you for this thread. I really enjoy the last two hours.
While i tried to import data i had the clever idea to make a copy from a table with phpmyadmin.
But o wonder if you copy db.test to db.test2 you got two tables. But empty.

While i didnīt believe it i do the same for another table, and really the same. Two empty tables.
Think this is the best safety-system i ever used before.

Then i tried to get a backup with links and got the problem 17 bind on 16, but with the idea of your thread im back on earth. The trick is to use ultraedit in hexa-mode, insert the lost col and take 09 to divide the cols. (cols=cats in my case).

Yipppieeeeeee. Wish you all a good night.
Robert