Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

import links error Unable to find Category ID column in header

Quote Reply
import links error Unable to find Category ID column in header
With the help of the forum posts Smile, I was able to export my exisitng links from LSQL and took the column headers and format to use to import a new list. Following the format, including the pipes as delimiters, etc. all seems in order. When I import I get the error...

Unable to find Category ID column in header!

Yes, it is there in exactly the same spot as when exported. I was careful not to mix up or mess with anything on the first line.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

This is the column header as exported

lsql_Category.ID

I viewed with Excel, is there a reformat here that I'm not seeing? I used the category number here, same format as when exported.

Last edited by:

SSmeredith: Mar 7, 2003, 10:35 AM
Quote Reply
Re: Import Error In reply to
Any help on this one?

Much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] Import Error In reply to
Have you considered doing a MySQL Dump on your database? That is probably a safer/easier way to do your database backups. My Cron_Manager plugin allows you to do that, and even FTP it to another server at the same time (for double ssfety).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Import Error In reply to
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. A little late for me, I've got 764 orphan links to categories. I'll keep you in mind for future though!

Have a good one.