Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

A11, Category browser did not work.

Quote Reply
A11, Category browser did not work.
Just want to know it is just me or all. I remeber Alex post a message says it's been fixed in A11.

Quote Reply
Re: A11, Category browser did not work. In reply to
What version of browser are you using?

I've tried it with NN 4.7, NN6.0 and MSIE 5.5+ and it works this release.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://postcards.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
MS IE5.0 on Windows98.

And it does work for older alpha, maybe 7 or 8, then it doesn't works anymore. And since I'm using a virtual hosting without telnet access. So I need to uncompress it in local linux box and then upload the whole structure with ftp. So maybe there are some file permission stuff that I did not do right. I just chmod 775 on all .cgi under main directory and admin directory and 777 on the generated page directory. Am I miss something so the problem happen?
Quote Reply
I tried it with 5.0 MSIE and it doesn't work.

Why not upgrade the browser?

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://postcards.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Ok, I'll try. Thanks a lot.

Do you have any news on beta?

Quote Reply
What does the category browser do? I just fixed a bug where it wouldn't work properly if you have quotes or newlines in your category name, but should work otherwise.

If you get a javascript error, can you let me know the details?

In Reply To:
And since I'm using a virtual hosting without telnet access. So I need to uncompress it in local linux box and then upload the whole structure with ftp.
Can't you just ftp the install.cgi and install.dat file and then run install.cgi from the web?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
What does the category browser do? I just fixed a bug where it wouldn't work properly if you have quotes or newlines in your category name, but should work otherwise.
It just appear in a flash speed and collaps again and never shown any more. And te most stange thing is it works in old alpha in te same enviorment. I'll check the new line things to find out if it's the reason. But after I use another machine with IE5.5, it works very well.

In Reply To:
Can't you just ftp the install.cgi and install.dat file and then run install.cgi from the web?
Never know that, I should change my head.Smile Thanks a lot.

Quote Reply
Hi!

Thanks, I've found this bug.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Oh, great. Will the beta come out on this weekend? Or at least a new snapshot(A12) will be appreciated.