Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Disconnect between username and linkowner??

Quote Reply
Disconnect between username and linkowner??
Gang,

It's possible I don't understand the relationship here but I need some help and I've searched without results for an answer.

When a Link Owner signs up to add a link and it's approved they get a record that we can access through the Admin. They then come in to the web site, click on Modify A Link and are taken to a login form where they are asked to enter their username and password. We assume they use their email address and some sort of password. However this doesn't work. So they register as a new user using the email address they used when they added their link. They get registered, return to Modify A Link and it still does not work.

When I go into Admin and look up the user, I see their email address as their username, no password, their email address in the email address field and their Name and it indicates they are registered. However, we still get an invalid username error when they try to log in.

Help!!

Richard

Richard Bilger
RBilger@MERGINET.com
MERGINET.com: Emergency Responders Web Site
http://www.merginet.com
Quote Reply
Re: [RBilger] Disconnect between username and linkowner?? In reply to
The problem might be that the users do not have a password. This seems very strange to me, because they need to pick a password when they sign up.

If you have imported your users/links from Links v. 2 then this might explain things.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Disconnect between username and linkowner?? In reply to
There is no password in their record. So they tried to register and get a password but it tells them that their username is invalid or does not exist yet in my Admin it does.

Richard Bilger
RBilger@MERGINET.com
MERGINET.com: Emergency Responders Web Site
http://www.merginet.com
Quote Reply
Re: [RBilger] Disconnect between username and linkowner?? In reply to
I just registerd at your site, logged in, logged out, clicked on modify links, and it accepted my password/username without any problems....

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins