Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

GT system to track installations?

Quote Reply
GT system to track installations?
GT announced a system to track installations.
Quote:
Due to rampant abuse of our licensing terms over the past years, we've implemented a system to track installations in an effort to abolish illegal installations of our programs. If you see the error message:

Server returned error code: 203 - Admin path does not match path stored on update server; reset possible

You can reset the admin path stored on the Gossamer Threads update server a limited number of times from the licensed download area.

It means that the install path stored in our database for your installation is not the same as the install path of the application you're currently working on. You have the option of changing the install path to your desired setting a limited number of times. Please note that for each license of our programs, only one installation of the program is allowed.

How is this system working?
Does it affects just the GT::Update system, or the whole Links v3.0.0?

I have several Links SQL test installations (different versions) on my local computer.
I have just 1 LSQL installation on my online server, according to the LSQL license.

Will these test installations "eat" my admin path changes possibility?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] GT system to track installations? In reply to
bump

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] GT system to track installations? In reply to
It only prevents non-valid licenses from downloading updates through Gossamer Update. See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=280378 for more clarifications.

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Apr 11, 2005, 9:34 PM