Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Changing database name?

Quote Reply
Changing database name?
I would like for various reasons to change the name of the MySQL database associated with a Links SQL installation. Is it safe to do that and then update the name in Gossamer Links Admin > Setup > SQL Server Settings?

Thanks
Joe
Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [iplay] Changing database name? In reply to
yes it's safe, just make sure you select "load tables" in the Admin > Setup > SQL Server Settings
Quote Reply
Re: [shimmy1] Changing database name? In reply to
Thanks Shimmy. Worked perfectly. Wink Much appreciated

Do you or does anyone know if I can ignore the error message I now get when logging in to Links Admin Panel...

Error:
Server returned error code: 203 Admin path does not match path stored on update server; the stored admin path can be reset from the Gossamer Threads license download area
Quote Reply
You can ignore that, that message is just means you can't get the updates, but seems like they don't update anymore. Did you try logging in and reseting like they said?
Quote Reply
You actually could have just edited /admin/defs/datebase.def manually, assuming the tables already existed in the new DB :)

For the error messaqge - you could contact GT about that and they can reset it for you so that error goes away.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [shimmy1] Changing database name? In reply to
Many thanks again, Shimmy Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Changing database name? In reply to
Hey Andy thanks for the tip. I will contact GT as you sayWink

Thanks,
--Jo