Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Reviews in 2.1.0 Problem/Bug

Quote Reply
Reviews in 2.1.0 Problem/Bug
hi,

i've found a bug (i think so) in the reviews function in linkssql 2.1.0 .

for example if you have one review for a link having ID=39 and oner review for a link having ID=4039 then on the main pages it says correctly that each link has one review.

but if you look at the reviews for the link having ID=39, linkssql says that there are two reviews and displays the correct review AND the review for the link-ID=4039 !!!

does anyone knows how to get rid of this ?

cheers,

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] Reviews in 2.1.0 Problem/Bug In reply to
Finally - someone else has the same problem as me!

I have a feeling that there aren't many people with enough reviews to have noticed this bug yet - I posted about it here

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=194154#194154

but didn't get any useful responses.

It is very annoying for those of us who have a lot of reviews. Please could someone from GT have a look at the review.pm module and put it in the bug fixes?

You can do a temporary fix by putting <%Links::Utils::load_reviews%> at the top of your review_search_results template (this does, at least, pull up the correct reviews) but this still leaves some very messy span pages where they are not needed and puts all the reviews on a single page when they are needed.

Laura.

Last edited by:

afinlr: May 19, 2002, 12:01 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Reviews in 2.1.0 Problem/Bug In reply to
Same problem here so I'm bumping this one back to the top. I have more than 500 reviews - imagine what happens when a visitor requests a review with LinkID 1 to 5. Can someone from GT Please take a look at this one for us. It somewhat defeats the purpose of the exercise if you cannot display the correct reviews with the correct link.

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] Reviews in 2.1.0 Problem/Bug In reply to
Alex - thanks for your help! For those of you with the same problem, here's the fix I got from Alex:

Update admin/Links/User/Review.pm with the attached file. That should fix the problem.

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Last edited by:

sangiro: May 25, 2002, 11:34 AM
Quote Reply
Frowno.k. but the problem isn't fixed at all !

cheers,

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Hi Sangiro,

Thanks for posting this. Have you uploaded this file and has it really fixed the problem for you? Having looked at the file I can't see that any of the changes will have any effect. I'm pretty sure that the problem line is

my $review_sth = $reviews->query_sth($args);

and this needs to be changed to a select rather than a query if looking for the reviews of a particular link.

Laura.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Reviews in 2.1.0 Problem/Bug In reply to
Yup - uploaded it and it fixed the problem for me. Check the link called "Safire" on http://www.dropzone.com/...Canopies/index.shtml Click on the Read link - that's my "first link" (LinkID=1) and used to bring up every review related to an item with a 1 in the LinkID. Works now.

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Thanks a lot for replying. I didn't want to upload it if it didn't work as it is the only file that I've changed (so that I have ratings from 1 to 10). The relevant line seems to be

$args->{ww}=1;

I don't understand how this works but its great to have the reviews working properly now.

Thanks, Laura.