Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Transfering to new host.

Quote Reply
Transfering to new host.
Evening all, i'm transfering a site that uses links sql to a new dedicated server, the dedicated server has mod_perl on it, i've done the nessersary malarki for it, but the install doesnt unpack to the ftp site from the command line (SSH), it does unpack but not to the location in which it currently is. Says its successful but deletes the 2 install files but doesnt show the other files (is there a way to find out where its unpacking to?). the front end install.cgi doesnt work either, gives the premature end of script headers on install.cgi

Doing the install manually (the mod_perl part) as well as uploading all the ftp files from the previous installation. The paths / database etc need to be changed.

In which files would i fin dthese? i'm currently getting : Premature end of script headers: on admin.cgi, i'm guessing that is down to the paths etc being wrong (i've altered the paths in the htpasswd and htaccess to reflect the newp aths to get access to the admin panel. i have yet to upload the database yet as i'm having a hard time trying to find all the files i need to change.

Any help appreciated.
Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryanbmedia] Transfering to new host. In reply to
oh i also did a #!/usr/bin/perl -w install.cgi
on the install.cgi file to see if any errors poped up, quite a few poped up but nothing too bad.

at the end of the unarchiving, i got 2 errors:

Use of uninitialized value in split at ./install.cgi line 6022.
Use of ininitialized value in pattern match (m//) at ./install.cgi line 6023.

Did have quite a few of those as i ran ./install.cgi from the command line. (SSH).

But without the -w install.cgi, no errors come up at all.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryanbmedia] Transfering to new host. In reply to
other errors while running install.cgi :

Name "CGI::Speedy::i_am_speedy" used only once: possible typo at ./install.cgi line 362

Name "Apache::ServerStarting" used only once: possible typo at ./install.cgi line 3290.

Name "GT::MD5::md5" used only once: possible typo at ./install.cgi line 4336.

Name "GT::MD5::md5_hex" used only once: possible typo at ./install.cgi line 4335.

Name "GT::File::Tools::import" used only once possible typo at ./install.cgi line 6581.

Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at .install.cgi line 4880.
same again for these next pages/lines :
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/term/cap.pm line 284. (3 times mentioned)

------------------------

The install has just worked and unpacked, but i'm getting a internal server error: Premature end of script headers: on admin.cgi

Cheers.