Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Odd problem with categories duplicating into other categories

Quote Reply
Odd problem with categories duplicating into other categories
Hi there,

Ive just created a sub category within a main category and added a couple of new links to it and then ran the rebuild pages command and something really odd has happened which I have never seen before! Basically it has copied 2 entire categories into the category I created a sub category for as sub categories and placed an "@" symbol at the end of them? The categories have been duplicated though, not moved. When I check them in the admin area, the categories that gossamer has duplicated remain as root categories and they have not been duplicated within the actual database?

Odd?

You can see it at http://www.femdomspankingstore.com/...oductions/index.html (apologies and warning in advance as this is an adult related directory)

Kelly Payne movies at the top is duplicated from the root category and Red Badger Productions is actually the category that this page is supposed to be drawn from yet it copies to itself as a sub directory (and sub sub diretory and so on...?)

Has anybody seen anything like this before? And if so, can you let us know how you fixed it or let us have a clue what you think might be wrong? PHP My Admin doesnt appear to show any database errors...

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

Last edited by:

otk567: Jul 29, 2007, 9:50 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [otk567] Odd problem with categories duplicating into other categories In reply to
A category will have the @ symbol after the category name when you have build_category_yahoo turned on (this is on by default), and you make this category related to the category that it's in. If you use the category browser and go into the category you're finding these @ categories in, then click on the Related link, you'll get a list of these categories.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Odd problem with categories duplicating into other categories In reply to
Cool, thanks for your help Adrian :)

Ive turned off the yahoo thing so that now at least seperates those associated categories down to the bottom of the page which makes it workable.

I found the brose tool which i have to confess i havent looked at before, but im finding that although I can bring up 4 options (browse, add cats, validate options and validate reviews) the browse option, which im assuming is the one I should use here doesnt actually do anything? It loads the page but it doesnt actually load any categories? I tried the manual add to add the red badger productions category again just in case it had to be loaded into the browser that way but it came up with an error to say that the category already existed. I know some scripts and sites dont like to work in firefox so I also tried in internet explorer but had the same problem...

I didnt actually use this particular tool to create the categories, I dont suppose you know whether it would have required them to be created that way for it to work at all?

Andy.
Quote Reply
Re: [otk567] Odd problem with categories duplicating into other categories In reply to
Ahhh i see how to do it now :) OK thanks. Its all fixed :)

Andy