Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

How to edit the "Form" Tag in the Admin ?

Quote Reply
How to edit the "Form" Tag in the Admin ?
Hi,

I have added about 25 extra columns to my links table. When I want to add a link, I only need to fill out 1/3 of all the fields based on what I am adding to the database.

I have tried to replace the <%Form%> tag in the browser_link_add_form.html, but I really don't understand how this works. The main thing I want to do is reorganize the display of the fields so that an editor can add things quicker. Since fields in the <%form%> are ordered by ID, jumping through what needs to be filled out and what doesn't gets confusing.

I use a field called 'detailed_template'. It is a 'Enum' with 4 possible choices.

1)I want my editors to create a record with only a 'Title' and a 'Detailed_template', that will be saved but not yet validated.

2)For them to validate their new record, they will have to fill in the rest of the fields. These fields will appear based on the first 'Detailed_template' Enum choice like this:

<%if 'Detailed_template' eq'Links'%>

Fields for Links

<%elseif 'Detailed_template' eq'Images'%>

Fields for Images

etc.

<%endif%>

My problem is that the <%Detailed_template%> tag is not parsed or recognized. I do not have the perl knowledge to go and modify the browser.pm file, but I still need to find a way to not show fields that do not correspond to other 'Detailed_template' selections.

Any Ideas?

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] How to edit the "Form" Tag in the Admin ? In reply to
Could someone please share some light with me on this <%form%> tag?

I really need to get this solved.

Thank you for your time.
Quote Reply
This seems to be quite difficult to do at the moment. As far as I understand, you want to do something similar to

http://gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=192540

It would involve manual modification of Browser.pm, and according to Alex they are redoing the editor system, so that might be something that will be added soon.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] How to edit the "Form" Tag in the Admin ? In reply to
Thank you Ivan for your time.

That's really a bum.Frown Lsql is supposed to be "easy" to configure so that you can use it as a content manager system.

If you can not really change the "form" tag without hard coding the changes in browser.pm in perl, than I am in trouble. Pirate

Does anybody know when GT is going to put this "new" editor system out? Is it part of Lsql 2.11?

Last edited by:

nt6: Jun 6, 2002, 1:28 AM
Quote Reply
Does anyone know if this has been addressed any further? I'm trying to do the same thing.....
Perl Hopefull