Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Links SQL and Microsoft SQL Server 2000

Quote Reply
Links SQL and Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Trying to setup Links SQL on a Windows 2000 Server (SP3) box with IIS 5.0, ActivePerl 5.8, and SQL Server 2000 (SP3) with MDAC 2.7. When I follow the instructions to setup the SQL database I get the following error:

Error: Database driver ODBC is not installed. Available drivers: ExampleP,Proxy

The DSN is setup with the appropriate boxes checked and has been tested. The server field has the correct server name and the database name field has the DSN name filled in.

Please advise.

Colin
colin bowern | indimensions entertainment group
Quote Reply
Re: [colinbo] Links SQL and Microsoft SQL Server 2000 In reply to
Hi,

You need to make sure you have the DBI and DBD::ODBC perl modules installed. You can use `ppm` to install this:

ppm install DBI

and

ppm install DBD-ODBC

(type those from the command prompt).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Links SQL and Microsoft SQL Server 2000 In reply to
Done, now I get the following:

Error: Could not connect to database. Reason:

No reason listed. Thoughts on this one?

Cheers!
Colin
Quote Reply
I am having the exact same problem. Have you figured this out yet? Do I need to install an older version of perl (activestate)?

I have followed everything step by step to a T.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

--Ron Dippold
Quote Reply
Re: [nine0nine] Links SQL and Microsoft SQL Server 2000 In reply to
I'm running the latest build of ActiveState Perl on Windows Server 2003 and it works great. I installed the DBI and DBD-ODBC packages using PPM.

Cheers!
Colin
Quote Reply
I fixed the Database error shortly after I posted but then ran into a ODBC.pm file error. I Emailed support and they sent me the new ODBC.pm file this morning. Now the only error I receive is another I have been getting since the initial install. It is under the email section when I try to add a new mailing list.

Can't call method "fetchrow_arrayref"

Other than this everything else is working great.

BTW I am using ActivePerl 5.8.0 build 806 and also installed via ppm, but still got the error when trying to create a new serach catagory.

Thanks.

--Ron Dippold
Quote Reply
Re: [nine0nine] Links SQL and Microsoft SQL Server 2000 In reply to
i am having the same problem. I am running Win Server 2003 and latest version of perl from Activestate and have installed DBI and DBD-ODbc. now how do i configure a data source for this in Win Server 2003. Sorry i am a newbie.