Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

link.html - how do I

Quote Reply
link.html - how do I
Hi All,

I am trying to insert some information next to the links output from search results or the category pages, which also displays some links.

What is giving me a problem is that the link.html output is returned via a loop so my info gets repeated.

My initial approach was to make the link.html a 2 column table, left is the links, right is my info but as you can probably guess, my info is repeated per link returned.

I started to edit the category page but then realised that this will only influence the category page and none others.

What I really want to do is keep the table but make the info on the right not repeat. Nesting tables doesn't solve this nor does pulling in a global.

I've tied some if elseif statements but got no joy there.

Should I perhaps be looking to hardcode the information I want to display (we are talking banners here by the way) or can one side of the output be kept independent. Maybe getting the loop to run inside another table might be my best bet but I can't figure it.
Can anyone suggest anything that might help, I don't like the idea of hardcoding several pages as when it comes to updating them it becomes quite involved.

Many thanks

Kevin

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
Re: [KevM] link.html - how do I In reply to
Hi KevM

Try something like:

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="75%">
<!------------------- START Links Display -------------------->
<%loop link_results_loop%>
<%include link.html%>
<%endloop%>
<!------------------- END Links Display -------------------->
</td>
<td align="right" valign="top" width="25%">
<!------------------- Start Right Side Menu -------------------->
<%include include_side_menu_right.html%>
<!------------------- End Right Side Menu -------------------->
</td></tr>
</table>

Change <%loop link_results_loop%> to <%loop links_loop%> for your cat pages.

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Re: [minesite] link.html - how do I In reply to
Hi Minesite,

I'd sort of got there already as it turned out. What I have done rather than having a right_side.html I have called a global with the ad code in it.

Pretty much the same difference and it seems to work ok.

What I am going to do now is create a table for the category output using if statements which i think will give me the desired result.

many thanks,

Kevin

Cheers
KevM