Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Hits 7 days back i time

Quote Reply
Hits 7 days back i time
How do I make a sub printing the number of hits (clicks) each day, 7 days back in time?
Kjetil Palmquist
www.svanger.com
Quote Reply
Re: [kjetilpa] Hits 7 days back i time In reply to
This is not so easy task, as this would need to store statistical hit values 7 days back.
It is basically a plugin task, not just a subroutine.

It would require:
1) New statistical table or at least a new column in the Links table (should be automatically created in install.pm of the plugin)
2) Modifying the original jump.cgi and related subroutines to store the statistical hits.
3) Subroutine to print out the statistical results.

Maybe somebody will take the idea, and create such plugin. Another solution is to pay for somebody to create the plugin.

Also you may decide to create the plugin yourself, as Ian did nowadays, and I'm sure you will get every help on the forum, to create this plugin.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [kjetilpa] Hits 7 days back i time In reply to
I would have to agree with webmaster. Even if you are not sure about making a plug-in, the help is here!

I am making stats for my editor's plugin which is very similar in some ways to what you are asking here. I also like the idea of any type of history stats.

Paul has a very good stats plugin underway, though he seems very busy right now. Maybe check with him on whether he might be able to include this in his plug-in.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins