Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

disclaimer checking upon adding

Quote Reply
disclaimer checking upon adding
Hello

We want the users to check that they have read a disclaimer in the add a link page before their link is approved to be added to the links to be validated..

Is there an easy way to do this?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] disclaimer checking upon adding In reply to
I dont know if there is an easier way, but what I think I would do is to create another column inyour database name it whatever you like, though I would use agreedisclaimer, and set it to not null, make it a checkbox in the type, and give it a value of Yes, then in the include_form template just put in a checkbox with a name of agreedisclaimer (or whatever name you gave the column) and a value of Yes.

Then the user should have to click the checkmark otherwise I think the program should error out that agreedisclaimer can not be null.

I think that should work, it's been a while since I had to do this.
Quote Reply
The method that kamidan suggested would work, but another way of doing this would be using javascript. Add a form onsubmit that checks if the checkbox is checked.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] disclaimer checking upon adding In reply to
Yes that would work as well, I suggested using the checkbox method only because it leaves an electronic paper trail (so to speak) that would indicate in the listings record that the user (whomever he/she is) agreed to your rules, tos, etc. etc etc. Thats the only plus side of doing it the way I described, but doing it the way brewt describes would probably be easier and quicker.
Quote Reply
Re: [kamidan] disclaimer checking upon adding In reply to
Thank you both.

we do want the tracking option that the person did check the box..

We added the field agreedisclaimer as a ENUM field with Not Null equal Yes.

In the add template we have:

<div class="row required clear">
<label for="Disclaimer" class="name">Terms Of Service: <span>*</span></label>
<div class="value">
<input type="checkbox" name="agreedisclaimer" value="Yes"> I have read and agreed to the
Terms Of Service.
</div>
</div>

BUT the user can get away submitting a link without having to check the box.

Is there a way to make it a required field that will be checked upon submission like the Title and URL are?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
You need to do two things.

1) set the default value to "No" (you might have to manually do this, if you've already added the column)

2) in the regex field put in Yes

You might have to tweak the regex a bit, but basically you want it to make sure it matches Yes. The system will check before the record is inserted.

The other way, is to combine both of the suggestions. Use the javascript to make sure it's checked, then store the value in the database.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] disclaimer checking upon adding In reply to
Thank you all.

We got it working in simple and legal way.
Regards
KaTaBd