Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

v.2.2.1 Problem when deleting links

Quote Reply
v.2.2.1 Problem when deleting links
I just upgraded from v2.2.0 to 2.2.1 and get the following Error message when I try to delete links:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Any clue on a fix?

Thanks.

mgeyman
Quote Reply
Re: [mgeyman] v.2.2.1 Problem when deleting links In reply to
How/Where are you deleting the links? It seems to be working on my installation. Can you enable debugging and send me the output?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] v.2.2.1 Problem when deleting links In reply to
Adrian,

I seemed to have solved the problem by re-installing 2.2.1. It seems that one of Andy's plug-ins was causing the Internal Error problem. Once I deleted that particular plug-in it took care of the problem. i'll catch up with him on it.

Thanks anyway.

Mark
Quote Reply
I seem to have the same problem. When trying to delete a link, it says:

A fatal error has occured:
GT::SQL::Table (6185): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Could not create a condition object out of arguments. at /big/dom/xslashdemocracy/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Table/Links.pm line 190.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details. --
when I enable debugging, nothing works :-(
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] v.2.2.1 Problem when deleting links In reply to
I've had these problems sometimes after de-installing
tested plugins.

You should swith debug on and watch your error_log
when you call the delete function to get more information
about the problem.

Best regards from
Bremen/Germany

Lothar
Quote Reply
Re: [eljot] v.2.2.1 Problem when deleting links In reply to
Like I wrote, when I set debugging on, I get more problems. The database seems to disappear (become empty) and dynamic pages doesn't work at all.
It seems to be a problem with an orphan link.
Any advise appreciated.
Quote Reply
Please I have the same problem too!
The only plugin I have installed is Auth_Community!
Please help! GT?
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] v.2.2.1 Problem when deleting links In reply to
Submit a support ticket with your login information (admin as well as shell access) and we'll take a look at it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
tried some minutes ago on http://gossamer-threads.com/support/ and it gave Error 500 lol! Crazy
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I seem to have the same problem. When trying to delete a link, it says:

A fatal error has occured:
GT::SQL::Table (6185): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Could not create a condition object out of arguments. at /big/dom/xslashdemocracy/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Table/Links.pm line 190.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details. --
when I enable debugging, nothing works :-(

I seem to be having the same problem as well. =( Hopefully we'll have a fix soon.

Guess I'll send GT a support ticket as requested
Quote Reply
Re: [Jonze] v.2.2.1 Problem when deleting links In reply to
Hi,

same problem here. I updated today from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1. I get
GT::SQL::Table (25510): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Could not create a condition object out of arguments. at /path/to/links-sql-admin/admin/Links/Table/Links.pm line 190.

If I then click "Repair Tables" the deleted files appear as:

Checking for orphan links ...
There are 4 links that are not in a category. Please modify or delete the following links:
291: The JP Das Developmental Disabilities Centre - modify | delete
469: AUTONOM - modify | delete
489: Zu Fragen des Menschenbildes in der neuen "Euthanasie"-Debatte - modify | delete
3454: Testseite - modify | delete

Is there any solution yet before I start playing around?

Greetings
Thomas

Last edited by:

Thomas36: Nov 8, 2004, 11:39 AM
Quote Reply
Did anyone find out what was causing this issue?

I have been running 2.2.1 for a while with no problems, then out of the blue today, I found that when I tried to validate links, if I accept a link it is fine but if I try and delete a link I get the same error.

GT::SQL::Table (46589): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Could not create a condition object out of arguments. at /usr/local/apache/www/domain.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/Table/Links.pm line 190

After receiving the error I also notice that the link that was to be deleted has become an orphan.

What I cant understand is why this would start to happen all of a sudden... any ideas anyone

Mark

Last edited by:

marker: Dec 2, 2004, 1:45 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [marker] v.2.2.1 Problem when deleting links In reply to
We're aware of this problem - it was caused by an error in the 2.2.0 upgrade, but didn't actually show up until the 2.2.1 upgrade code. The fix is as follows:

1 - delete the Payments.def file from the /path/to/your/admin/defs directory. The file will be prefixed with your database prefix, so might be named 'links_Payments.def' or 'lsql_Payments.def' or whatever else you chose when installing Links SQL (all the other *.def files in the directory, with the exception of database.def, will be prefixed with the same value).
2 - in your admin panel, go to Setup -> SQL Server and without changing anything on the page press the Submit Changes button. You should see a series of messages: "Creating ____ table ... failed (table already exists)" - these are fine.

That should cause Links SQL to properly recreate the Payments.def file, and after performing the change you should no longer get the error when deleting links.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] v.2.2.1 Problem when deleting links In reply to
Thanks Jason,

As it happens you guys have already fixed my install for me... but thanks for the info Smile

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] v.2.2.1 Problem when deleting links In reply to
In Reply To:
We're aware of this problem - it was caused by an error in the 2.2.0 upgrade, but didn't actually show up until the 2.2.1 upgrade code. The fix is as follows:

1 - delete the Payments.def file from the /path/to/your/admin/defs directory. The file will be prefixed with your database prefix, so might be named 'links_Payments.def' or 'lsql_Payments.def' or whatever else you chose when installing Links SQL (all the other *.def files in the directory, with the exception of database.def, will be prefixed with the same value).
2 - in your admin panel, go to Setup -> SQL Server and without changing anything on the page press the Submit Changes button. You should see a series of messages: "Creating ____ table ... failed (table already exists)" - these are fine.

That should cause Links SQL to properly recreate the Payments.def file, and after performing the change you should no longer get the error when deleting links.

Doing this caused a significant number of problems for me.

Gossamer's bug introductions over the last few months have been really frustrating.

cdkrg

Able2Know :: Ajooja Directory