Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Banned Template

Quote Reply
Banned Template
I'm trying to modify the page that dispays when a submitter tries to submit from a banned IP address. The program says that "banned.html" will be displayed but I don't see that in the templates section.

How do I modify the banned template? I'm running the latest version.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Spacemanspiff] Banned Template In reply to
Hi,

This may be the idea first but it actually displays an error page with 'GENERAL_BANNED' error from language file, so this is what you need to modify in

Admin Panel > Build > User Language > General

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] Banned Template In reply to
That's kind of what I want but not exactly. I don't want the submitter to know they have been banned. I don't want them to change IP address or domains to get around the ban. I'm getting a ton of spam submissions and I want to get rid of them.

Can I create a new template and have that load on requests from banned hosts?
Quote Reply
Re: [Spacemanspiff] Banned Template In reply to
In Reply To:
That's kind of what I want but not exactly. I don't want the submitter to know they have been banned. I don't want them to change IP address or domains to get around the ban. I'm getting a ton of spam submissions and I want to get rid of them.

Can I create a new template and have that load on requests from banned hosts?
I think this exactly what you want.

Simply change the error message with some stupid error that doesn't say that IP is banned and voila. Wink

From their side will looks that there is some error, but not "You are banned" Laugh

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] Banned Template In reply to
I was going for something that looked like the site was successfully submitted, but you are correct. That's way easier and still gets the job done.

Thanks.