Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Payment System

Quote Reply
Payment System
Hello,

Although the payment system works I think it would be much better if they had to pay before they can submit there link, many people submit but never pay.

Yes, I have it clearly stated that a payment is required but that does not stop the Jerks from doing it.

Why can't a payment be made first, then send them to the Add form.

It's a pain in the REAR deleting link submissions...

Got to go now my dog wants some turkey!Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [rascal] Payment System In reply to
I suppose another option here would be to have people give their (example PayPal) email addresses when they register in the first place.

Then, as they added the links they could automatically be charged each time?
Quote Reply
My assumption was that a link (entry) will only be submitted to the system AFTER a successful online payment
has been made ?
At least this is how I see it working at all other websites - is G-Links working differently ?
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] Payment System In reply to
Hi,

The link is added without payment to the validation database, it is marked awaiting payment, if they don't pay your stuck deleting all unpaid submissions.

The payment page in my opinion should be presented first, processed through Paypal, if paid then the add form is shown, only echeck payments should be marked as awaiting payment.
Quote Reply
you would need to get the user to pay an upfront fee of $5 or $10 or something and then subtract link payments from that.

without the prepay type system - if the link has not yet been submitted then there would be no way of knowing what the payment was for - ie. there is no "linkid" to link the payment to.

r

Last edited by:

ryel01: Nov 26, 2006, 2:30 PM