Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

changing title of page 2

Quote Reply
changing title of page 2
Hi!

When I build my larger categories I get 2 or 3 pages because I´ve set maximum links per page to 50. I wonder how I can change the Title of these pages and if there is another template so that I also can change the text on these second and third pages. Setting maximum pages to 400 or so is not an option! I want to list 50 links per page.
Quote Reply
Re: [drumstick] changing title of page 2 In reply to
If there was a possibilty to make a global that I could insert next to the title in the category template, that would solve the problem. But that global must know if it´s the index page or if it´s a spanned page. If you can help me with this I would be more than happy!
Quote Reply
Are you using static pages, or mod_rewrite/page.cgi?

If using mod_rewrite.. then you could probably do;

Code:
<%if g contains 'more'%>
... this should be a "more" page
<%else%>
...not
<%endif%>

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] changing title of page 2 In reply to
I´m using static pages.
Quote Reply
Hi-

One way you can do this for static category pages is to use a condition like:

<%if title like 'Page'%>This is not the First Page<%else%>This is the First Page<%endif%>

The category pages have a tag called <%title%> that shows the name of the page and the page number. So, if the category spans 3 pages, the title looks like:

Page Name
Page Name: Page 2
Page Name: Page 3

That's why you can use the above condition to check if the variable 'Page' is present. If it is, then that means its not the first page.

--Frank