Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

I need to print out/export all my categories and sub-categories - how?

Quote Reply
I need to print out/export all my categories and sub-categories - how?
I need to supply someone with a list of all the categories and sub-cateogries of my links SQL directory.

I tried looking at category browser, but there must be an easier way as I've got hundreds of sub categories to expand.

So how can I do this. All I want to do is give someone a list of all the categories and sub categories, they don't need to see the entries, just the way it is structured.

thanks

Leslie
Quote Reply
Re: [bunder] I need to print out/export all my categories and sub-categories - how? In reply to
One idea is to go to Database > SQL Monitor

Then run the following:

select Full_Name
from Prefix_Category
order by Full_Name

(note that Prefix_ is whatever prefix you're using for your tables, if any)

This will give you a full list that would look something like:

Category1
Category1/Sub-Category
Category1/Sub-Category1/Sub-Category2
Category2
Category2/Sub-Category1/
Category2/Sub-Category2

etc.

--Frank
Quote Reply
Re: [FrankM] I need to print out/export all my categories and sub-categories - how? In reply to
Hi there, I went into the database and SQL monitor.

Just a bit confused what to enter into the Please Enter Your Query box is that where I put

select Full_Name
from Prefix_Category
order by Full_Name

in which case i get an error message,

as my site was done by my developer, not sure if there is a prefix cateogry or name.

any advice?

thanks

Leslie
Quote Reply
Re: [bunder] I need to print out/export all my categories and sub-categories - how? In reply to
Yes,

From the admin page, you can go to Setup > SQL Server

Then you will see under Server Settings, the value that is there for Table Prefix (it might be something like: lsql_ )

You would use whatever prefix is there when you are using the query for the SQL Monitor.

-Frank
Quote Reply
Re: [FrankM] I need to print out/export all my categories and sub-categories - how? In reply to
thanks. in my case it is listed as just

lsql_

so there is no prefix, so I am a bit confused as to what to then enter in order to get a list of all my e-mail addresses from people who have submitted their sites.
Quote Reply
You would then enter the following query in the SQL Monitor:

SELECT Full_Name
FROM lsql_Category
ORDER BY Full_Name

--Frank