Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

site is down and gettin so many errors

Quote Reply
site is down and gettin so many errors
I installed the 2.99 and it was working well till the site went down and got this error
this is just part of the error

[Sat Mar 12 08:07:06 2005] [error] [client 64.119.179.30] GT::SQL::Driver::MYSQL::sth (7973): Executing query: SELECT Category.ID,Category.Name FROM CatLinks,Category WHERE CatLinks.CategoryID = Category.ID AND (CatLinks.LinkID = '1126') from Links::__ANON__ at (eval 14) line 1
[Sat Mar 12 08:07:06 2005] [error] [client 64.119.179.30] GT::SQL::Driver::MYSQL::sth (7973): Executing query: SELECT Category.ID,Category.Name FROM CatLinks,Category WHERE CatLinks.CategoryID = Category.ID AND (CatLinks.LinkID = '1127') from Links::__ANON__ at (eval 14) line 1
[Sat Mar 12 08:07:06 2005] [error] [client 64.119.179.30] GT::SQL::Driver::MYSQL::sth (7973): Executing query: SELECT Category.ID,Category.Name FROM CatLinks,Category WHERE CatLinks.CategoryID = Category.ID AND (CatLinks.LinkID = '1128') from Links::__ANON__ at (eval 14) line 1
[Sat Mar 12 08:07:06 2005] [error] [client 64.119.179.30] GT::SQL::Driver::MYSQL::sth (7973): Executing query: SELECT Category.ID,Category.Name FROM CatLinks,Category WHERE CatLinks.CategoryID = Category.ID AND (CatLinks.LinkID = '1129') from Links::__ANON__ at (eval 14) line 1
[Sat Mar 12 08:07:06 2005] [error] [client 64.119.179.30] GT::SQL::Driver::MYSQL::sth (7973): Executing query: SELECT Category.ID,Category.Name FROM CatLinks,Category WHERE CatLinks.CategoryID = Category.ID AND (CatLinks.LinkID = '1130') from Links::__ANON__ at (eval 14) line 1
[Sat Mar 12 08:07:06 2005] [error] [client 64.119.179.30] GT::SQL::Driver::MYSQL::sth (7973): Executing query: SELECT Category.ID,Category.Name FROM CatLinks,Category WHERE CatLinks.CategoryID = Category.ID AND (CatLinks.LinkID = '1131') from Links::__ANON__ at (eval 14) line 1
[Sat Mar 12 08:07:06 2005] [error] [client 64.119.179.30] GT::SQL::Driver::MYSQL::sth (7973): Executing query: SELECT Category.ID,Category.Name FROM CatLinks,Category WHERE CatLinks.CategoryID = Category.ID AND (CatLinks.LinkID = '1132') from Links::__ANON__ at (eval 14) line 1
[Sat Mar 12 08:07:06 2005] [error] [client 64.119.179.30] GT::SQL::Driver::MYSQL::sth (7973): Executing query: SELECT Category.ID,Category.Name FROM CatLinks,Category WHERE CatLinks.CategoryID = Category.ID AND (CatLinks.LinkID = '1133') from Links::__ANON__ at (eval 14) line 1
[Sat Mar 12 08:07:06 2005] [error] [client 64.119.179.30] GT::SQL::Driver::MYSQL::sth (7973): Executing query: SELECT Category.ID,Category.Name FROM CatLinks,Category WHERE CatLinks.CategoryID = Category.ID AND (CatLinks.LinkID = '1134') from Links::__ANON__ at (eval 14) line 1
Quote Reply
Re: [Abusaki] site is down and gettin so many errors In reply to
That looks like debug output than an error. Do you have debugging enabled?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] site is down and gettin so many errors In reply to
yes it is enabled, actually the site is down

I can't even get the admin to load, it is so slow and never loadds up

Does it have anything to do with the fact that the old table sin the sql database has no prefis linke glinks_

when installing i used nothing for prefix since the orignal tables had nothing

Last edited by:

Abusaki: Mar 12, 2005, 9:29 PM
Quote Reply
No, it wouldn't be very good to install both 2.x and 3.x using the same database with the same prefix. Your 2.x install will probably still be functional, but the 3.x would probably be non-functional.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi Brewt,
Thanks,
What i am saying is that I upgraded from the 2.x to the 3.x but during the upgrade I used the old database I was using for 2.x which had no prefix, could that be the problem?

Are there any steps you need to consider before upgrading?

Last edited by:

Abusaki: Mar 13, 2005, 7:12 PM
Quote Reply
If you upgrade, there's no step where you choose the database prefix. Are you sure you upgraded and not do a fresh install over a 2.x install?

Adrian
Quote Reply
I just did an upgrade and I am still getting the search, cool and new pages taking forever to load
Quote Reply
How many links do you have in your database? Is it slow for your 2.x install?

Adrian
Quote Reply
I have about 700 links and it is not slow.

I just read a post about the search bug, I think that is what is causing it, it works fine in the static mode but in dynamic mode it does not work well

Quote:

Re: [brewt] glinks test -- Search Results Navigation bug [In reply to] Quote | Reply

(A)
Access the home page in dynamic mode.
Do a search
Every part of navigation on search results page works fine (checked on ie and firefox)

(B)
Access the home page in static mode
Do a search (same query word as in above)
The drop down (js navigation) fails with the error as already posted in my previous post (both on ie and firefox)

In Both the cases above there is no impact of any Admin>Setup>Search Options changes. While js navigation on search results always fails in (B), it's ok in (A). In my earlier post i had not checked on the dynamic mode so thought that Admin changes were causing the error. But it's the static mode which is causing this.

Last edited by:

Abusaki: Mar 13, 2005, 10:25 PM