Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Go To Link Without Registering First

Quote Reply
Go To Link Without Registering First
Hi. I have Glinks 3.0 and Community installed. I'm a bit lost on one thing right now.

When I browse the links at GLinks as an unregistered user, then click a link, I am being directed to the Community login page instead of to the site that the link is for. This is not what I want, and I cannot find a way to turn it off.

Basically, what I want is for users to be able to click links in the directory even if they are not registered users and-or logged in.

Can somebody point me in the right direction here?

Thanx.
RoyUnsure
Quote Reply
Re: [blueaegis] Go To Link Without Registering First In reply to
Can we get an example? That shouldn't happen...

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Go To Link Without Registering First In reply to
brewt wrote:
Can we get an example? That shouldn't happen...

Here's where the installation is -

http://www.onlinesearch.biz/cgi-bin/page.cgi?d=1
Quote Reply
Re: [blueaegis] Go To Link Without Registering First In reply to
I just discovered something else. When I click a link and get sent to the login page, I then login. Next, I am directed to the page with the links on it again. When I click a link this second time, I get the following error message -

A fatal error has occured:

Failed to execute query: 'UPDATE glinks_Users SET WHERE Username = ?': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE Username = 'RoyPope'' at line 1 at /home/bizness/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins/User_Clicks.pm line 81.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

So, I removed the User_Clicks plugin. Now, everything seems to be working okay. Must be something wrong with the plugin. I'll check with Andy.

Last edited by:

blueaegis: Dec 21, 2007, 12:10 AM