Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

modification to Users?

Quote Reply
modification to Users?
Hi,
Is there any way to limit the number of options a user has to modify a link in the database?
I have some link properties that I don't want people to be able to use/change/add to, and I want to know if there is any way to limit that?

Bent Unimpressed
Quote Reply
Re: [bannerzone] modification to Users? In reply to
Maybe you could copy the HTML from include_form.html into modify.html, and then just remove the fields that you don't want them to be able to have access to modify? Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] modification to Users? In reply to
but. it's when they login, and their "browser" is loading.... like when we go to the admin <rea, and choose browse.... Is there any way to change that?
Quote Reply
Oh, in that case, I don't think its possible :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] modification to Users? In reply to
Yack :-( Because I have the gocart plugin. and this means then, that everyone can put their item for sale, withour my knowledge... that Sucks...

Does anyone know if it will be possible in the future new version?
Quote Reply
I'm not sure what you mean when the "browser" is loading.

Only editors and admin users have that option.

Also, you can set fields in the Admin area that are not modifiable by the user. They show up on the add/modify forms, but they are reset/overwritten with what is already in the database (or a default) when the link is actually prepped for addition/modification.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] modification to Users? In reply to
Ahh, sorry... By users I actually ment editors...is there any way to modify what they can change?