Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Boosting link status

Quote Reply
Boosting link status
Is there a way to make a link go back up top after being listed and moved down as new links come in?

My list pushes links down as the new ones come in. But I want to be able to push the good links back up to the top.

Anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: [6foot4] Boosting link status In reply to
If you go to Setup in your admin panel, you can choose 'Build Options' and about half way down the page you should find build_sort_order_category

You can enter into this whatever you want the categories to be sorted by. If you don't want the new links to show up first, remove the 'isNew DESC' from the list. Note that DESC stands for descending and ASC, ascending.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Boosting link status In reply to
Hmmm still not understanding how this can move my links back up.

What would I need to ad there... and what would i need to do to the link?
Quote Reply
Re: [6foot4] Boosting link status In reply to
I don't really understand what you mean by 'move back up'? Do you mean you want certain links to always be listed first?

As I said, your links are just sorted by whatever you put in build_sort_order_category. If you want certain links to always be on top then you need to add another field to your links database and use this as the first field in the sort.

To add another field go to Database in your admin and select Links, Properties. Then click on 'add a column' at the bottom of the page. I would make it ENUM, with column values Yes, No (put Yes and No on separate lines), default value No. Name it something like isPriority. And then for all the links that you want to appear first, change the isPriority column to Yes. Then you can just add isPriority as one of your sort columns. You'll have to play around with the order until you get what you want. If you still want all the new links to show up first, you'll have to put the new column after the 'isNew DESC'.

Hope that's what you wanted.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Boosting link status In reply to
I believe that is what I wanted. Just trying now.. if It doesn't work I will be back. :)

Thanks for the help