Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Too many links!

Quote Reply
Too many links!
During a problematic server move recently (cpanel/whm transfer system) I experienced several failed attempts to move my links site, having finally achieved a successful move I now find I have too many links, literally every link repeated I think as many as 8 times lol! I'm totally at a loss as to how to filter out the excess?????

Can anyone help?
Quote Reply
Re: [roman365] Too many links! In reply to
Why not just do a backup on the old server/site and do a fresh install on the new one and then restore the backup?

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Hi,

Sounds like you need to clean out the database on your NEW server, and then re-import the backup file (.sql, or LSQL backup file). By the sounds of it, your tables have not been correctly made (or it would have given you are error about the "Unique ID" being the same as an existing entry).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Too many links! In reply to
Thanks for responding, the old server is no longer available, no longer leasing it.

There many not be a backup, I'll check and look at reinstating the db.
Quote Reply
Ok, got as far as cleaning out db via mysqlman but when trying to import via admin I get this error:

Verifying table headers ...
Checking Changes
Checking Reviews
Checking Users
Checking Links
Checking CatRelations
Checking Category
Checking CatPrice
Checking CatLinks
Checking EmailTemplates
Checking Editors
Checking Verify
Checking Sessions
Checking MailingListIndex
Checking EmailMailings
Checking MailingIndex
Checking MailingList
Checking PaymentLogs
Checking Payments
Checking ClickTrack
CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED:
The following column in the Users table (/home/ergo247/links_db.sql) is NOT in the Gossamer Links database: Newsletter. It will have to be created prior to performing this import. at /home/ergo247/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Import/BKS2.pm line 122

If I understand correctly I was going to create the table via mysqlman but it asks how many fields, I dont know what to put.
Quote Reply
I *think* this Newsletter table error should be fixed if you were to download the latest version of GLinks.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Too many links! In reply to
It is the latest version, I just did the latest updates and theres no change, same problem.Frown
Quote Reply
Backups were no good :(

Decided to do fresh import from dmoz.