Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Urgent.. databsase problem

Quote Reply
Urgent.. databsase problem
Hi

Have a real problem..

somehow.. I have no idea how.. I replaced all the category name with the description field..

I still have the Full name correctly...

Is there any way to restore the Name from the father name or using any other solution..?

Take a look at what i mean at:

http://www.2muslims.com/...n/links/page.cgi?d=1

The earlist back up I have is 5 days old and There are over 25 new links in those days..
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Urgent.. databsase problem In reply to
Yikes!

Hope that wasn't a result of that query you were trying Frown

I'm not sure of a query to do it but how about dumping your current database and keeping the 25 new links then importing the backup and then those 25 links again?
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Urgent.. databsase problem In reply to
I think it was..

Can I use my old dump file to restore the category table only?

Empty the category table then import it from the old dump file since the category structure have not been changed..

and If so how can i do so..
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Hmm backup your current data and then try it.

At worst it will overwrite everything back to what it was 5 days ago. At best it will overwrite your categories to the way they were.

Im not too sure whether it drops tables etc so I don't want any lawyers calling Laugh
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Urgent.. databsase problem In reply to
If I used the import function is there a way to specify to import only the category?
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
I Solved it by

Dropping the table category from the database

Redumpingit from the backup file.

Thanks for the help
Regards
KaTaBd