Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Typos
Hi. Just found a couple of typos in the Links SQL 2.1 (PHP). Well, here they arel

First Step it says "Please select if this is a new install or an upgrade to an exiting version.". Note the bold part should say 'existing' Wink

Step 2 (new install) says "This program will unarchive Links SQL, and set all the file permissions and path to perl properly. " It has some bad english in it./ IMO it should say; "This program will unarchive Links SQL, and set all the file permissions and paths to perl properly.

If I find any more, I will let you know by adding to this post.

Great script BTW Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Typos In reply to
Well as an English Lit/Lang student myself Cool I would say you shouldn't put "and" after a comma.

Without meaning to be boring, I'd say it should be:

This program will unarchive Links SQL and set the file permissions and path to perl correctly.

or

This program will unarchive Links SQL, set the file permissions and the path to perl.

As long as the programming is good (which it is) who cares :)

Last edited by:

RedRum: Nov 8, 2001, 9:37 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Typos In reply to
Lol...I was an English Lang and Lit student myself at GCSE Smile (not saying what grade i got...lol).

I got to agree with you there though, the programming is good, so who cares! Just thought seeing as I foudn the typos i would report 'em Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Typos In reply to
Nu nu nu nu nu - I took them at A-Level :)