Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

replace jump.cgi with actual URL

Quote Reply
replace jump.cgi with actual URL
Hiya,

I don't wanna have the jump.cgi?=ID1234 displayed as link but I rather wanna have the actual URL directly being displayed.
I know for stats it's important to have the jump.cgi but that's only of second importance.

Would there also be way to track where users click when having their direct URL instead of the jump.cgi?

wsjb78

----------------------------------------------

The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self- preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one.

Quote Reply
Re: [wsjb78] replace jump.cgi with actual URL In reply to
Nope. You can't track anything if people are going directly to the remote site that's why jump.cgi was created :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] replace jump.cgi with actual URL In reply to
What would I need to alter then, that the URL directly are showed (linked to)?

wsjb78

The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self- preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one.

Quote Reply
Re: [wsjb78] replace jump.cgi with actual URL In reply to
In link.html use <%URL%> instead of jump.cgi

Btw: this has been answered numerous times. The search link above leads to a search page that you can use to search the forums.

http://gossamer-threads.com/..._username=&mh=50
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] replace jump.cgi with actual URL In reply to
I actually did a search on this topic before but I must have used wrong keywords... at least I did not find the answer.... but thanks now for yours.