Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Validate Email Not Being Sent

Quote Reply
Validate Email Not Being Sent
For some reason, the new-user signup on my site is not sending the validation code via email. I just became webmaster of the site, so I'm not sure when this feature ceased to function, but it is definitely down. Can someone point me to a script location so that I can troubleshoot?

I was able to send an email through the admin interface to a user, so I know that the actual email functionality for the software is ok. I am also able to see the new, non-validated, user in the user database, with the validation code and everything. When that code is entered into the validation form it works great, so the validation script is in fact generating the code, but it is just not getting emailed. Any ideas?

(simple solution, I triple checked that I entered a valid email address in the first place Wink).
Quote Reply
Re: [leendy] Validate Email Not Being Sent In reply to
Is this feature enabled in the admin panel (Setup > User Options)?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Validate Email Not Being Sent In reply to
Yes, the user_validation setup option is enabled.

When the new account is created, it does forward directly to the validation form, so it's trying to do the right thing.... it just doesn't quite happen.Frown

Where is the validation mailing routine?
Quote Reply
Re: [leendy] Validate Email Not Being Sent In reply to
/admin/Links/Users/Add.pm I believe.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Validate Email Not Being Sent In reply to
Guess again =)

Login.pm

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 10, 2003, 7:32 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Validate Email Not Being Sent In reply to
Ah yeah...should have remembered that (didn't look...was just going by a guess...heheh). *why* they put the code in there, I will never know Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Validate Email Not Being Sent In reply to
I think that the problem I am having with the validation email not being sent is because of some variables...

Currently, the validation code email is not sent to new users. I inserted my own email code into the script so that it would force-send me the email and this is the result:
----------
http://www.associatecash.com/cgi-bin/Beta/user.cgi?validate=1

and enter the following code:

If you have any problems, please contact Unknown Tag: 'db_admin_email'.

Sincerely,

www.AssociateCash.com
---------

The db_admin_email tag is not working. I checked in the program setup and the variable is set properly, so I think this is why the email is failing, my sendmail routine is getting a blank or invalid "from" address. Anyone have any idea why this is not working?