Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Customized link sorting ?

Quote Reply
Customized link sorting ?
Is it possible to sort the links in any way I want ?

Maybe add another field for sorting order ?

cause I dont want it to sort aplphabetiacally like it does right now
Quote Reply
Re: [incik] Customized link sorting ? In reply to
Yeah check out Setup > Build Options and scroll down to:

Page Display and Sorting Options:
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Customized link sorting ? In reply to
Thanks

It works perfectly Wink
Quote Reply
still need help it didnt work the way I thought it would

If you have lets say 30 links in a category it doesnt sort them numerically

it does the 1,2,3 order but when you go over 10 its not in order so it looks like this:

1,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,2,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,3,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,4,40 etc.

Is there someway to work around this ? or modify something to get it in real numerical order ?
Quote Reply
Sorting can be changed in Config from the admin interface as others told you already.
However if you plan to make sorting changeable for the users of your page, I will be able to suggest you a solution.

Some news:
My Extended Links plugin will also make possible for visitors on your site, to reorder the links, in many ways. The sorting feature is implemented into the plugin, however the plugin itself is not ready for release, yet. Continuing to work on it...

Just for your information...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Apr 8, 2002, 2:12 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Customized link sorting ? In reply to
>>Extended Links<<

That name rings a bell Tongue
Quote Reply
Sounds badly for you? Angelic

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
For Links2:

http://mycgiscripts.com/linksmod.html
Quote Reply
Yeah, almost. Tongue

But that page contains info about Links v2.1 Extended.

My plugin will be Extended Links plugin for Links SQL v2.1.
That's big difference. I could change the name of the plugin, but some people here on the Links SQL forums knows it on that name, so renaming would be not fine.

Additionally my Extended Links product is a plugin for Links SQL 2.1 and the name exactly describes what is related (additional link display features), while the other product you mentioned, is related to Links 2.0 with flat databases... Smile

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Yeah, I know Wink, ...I wasn't accusing you of copying mycgiscripts.

Nevermind....

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 8, 2002, 7:32 AM
Quote Reply
Nope, I did not ever thought. Wink

Just wanted to show the difference for you and for others who may read this thread.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
still need help it didnt work the way I thought it would

If you have lets say 30 links in a category it doesnt sort them numerically

it does the 1,2,3 order but when you go over 10 its not in order so it looks like this:

1,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,2,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,3,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,4,40 etc.

Is there someway to work around this ? or modify something to get it in real numerical order ?

Make sure the column you are sorting by is defined as an INT type, not a CHAR. You can change this in Database->Links->Properties.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.