Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Two template sets: cobranding?

Quote Reply
Two template sets: cobranding?
Is there a way to have different categories pull from entirely different template sets?

What I'd like to do is to have one area for classifies advertising... with it's own sub catagories.

then have the main area use one category and a seperate template set.

We'd like to have a co-branded area with another website. Is this possible? If so, can you spell it out for me?

Quote Reply
Re: [Evoir] Two template sets: cobranding? In reply to
Hi,

Yes, all you do is enter in the template directory into the 'Category_Template' field for the category, and it will apply to all subcategories.

So for a category Advertising, if you entered 'yahoo' as the Category_Template, then when displaying any category under Advertising, it would pull link.html, detailed.html, category.html, and subcategory.html from the yahoo template set.

You can also enter in a template name if you just want category.html to be different. For instance, if you put advertising.html in Category_Template field, then instead of using category.html, the program will use advertising.html to display the page.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Two template sets: cobranding? In reply to
I'm getting this error"

Reason: Unknown column 'Category_Template' in 'field list'

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [dwh] Two template sets: cobranding? In reply to
That doesn't sound good. If you goto Database > Category > Properties , do you see a 'Category_Template' field there? If not, there is a link at the bottom of the page called ' Re-sync Database'. Press that, and see if that sorts things out. It sounds like somehow your field has been removed.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Two template sets: cobranding? In reply to
In Reply To:
That doesn't sound good. If you goto Database > Category > Properties , do you see a 'Category_Template' field there?
yes.
In Reply To:
If not, there is a link at the bottom of the page called ' Re-sync Database'. Press that, and see if that sorts things out. It sounds like somehow your field has been removed.
Won't that kill the custom fields I created?
In Reply To:
Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: [dwh] Two template sets: cobranding? In reply to
The 'Re-sync Database' is reading the table data again, and saves to the .def files. The database info is read from .def files, that's why you need to Resync database.

Likely it won't kill the custom fields you created.
But if you are not sure, that your database is correct,
1) go to /admin/defs/ directory and save those .def files.
2) do a backup of your database in Admin/Database/Import-Export/Create backup file

If all done, my opinion is that you are safe to do a Resync.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Two template sets: cobranding? In reply to
Ah, it all makes sense now. What I wound up doing is taking the properties thing as the definition for that field and manually added it and it worked like a charm :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Evoir] Two template sets: cobranding? In reply to
So, with this cobranding feature I can have a certain category appear with a completely different design, correct?
http://www.FindSP.com - Hosting Directory