Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Unable to load GT::Date

Quote Reply
Hi,

After moving to a new server, all the cgi pages on the user end are giving this error:

See here: http://search.able2know.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

I asked GT about this and the options given to me were to either host with them (which I can't since their most powerful dedicated box is less powerful and several times more expensive than the ones I need and use) or to pay them an hourly rate of 100 dollars to fix it.

Since I can afford neither, I'm asking here for help in fixing this myself. If anyone knows what this may be, please let me know.

Thanks

cdkrg

Able2Know :: Ajooja Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [cdkrg] Unable to load GT::Date In reply to
Or you can pay $15/hour (for public) or $30/hour (for private) help for me Wink

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
So, is there anyone who is not trying to make a buck off me? ;-)

cdkrg

Quote Reply
Have you tried reinstalling?
Quote Reply
Hi.

Not that it can't be done if you decide to do it on your own.
As a senior member suggested, try a reinstall

Or better still, a test install.

Don't get upset if offers are made for some commercial consideration. We have been through this a lot many times.

Best Of Luck
HyTC
Quote Reply
Oh I just missed on the following:

Quote:
I asked GT about this and the options given to me were to either host with them (which I can't since their most powerful dedicated box is less powerful and several times more expensive than the ones I need and use)

True. However, In my experience, it's better not to talk unless you are prepared to talk good about it. It's not liked here... Comparisons are treated as solicitations for basement servers or servers which can be compromised before one can finish a cup of coffee.

HyTC
Quote Reply
Quote:
So, is there anyone who is not trying to make a buck off me? ;-)

You can't really blame em; they didn't cause the problem :)

How did you get the files to the new server? Are you sure they were transferred in ASCII? As already suggested a couple of times your best bet is to perform an "upgrade" re-install and see if that helps. Other than that you can try unpacking the tar and just uploading GT::Date and see if that fixes it. Good luck and there will surely be people here willing to offer advice for free.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Unable to load GT::Date In reply to
Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming anyone. I often make use of GT-related commercial services (heck, just ask Andy) and am not offended. Wink But neither am I soliciting services, I am soliciting advise.

For example, where can I find the GT::Date to upload?

Incidentally, GT support personnel recommend a reinstall as well (which I will try shortly) as they haven't seen this error before.

cdkrg

Last edited by:

cdkrg: Oct 1, 2004, 12:13 AM