Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Signup Form is Rejecting All E-mail addresses

Quote Reply
Signup Form is Rejecting All E-mail addresses
After upgrading to Gossamer Links, I found that my signup form for Gossamer Links is rejecting all e-mails, no matter what the user puts in for an e-mail address. Any idea what might be the cause of this? I've tried multiple, valid e-mail addresses, and I just get an error which says:

"Please fill out all fields completely.
To register, please fill out this form completely. A valid email address is required."

Thanks in Advance...
http://www.turkeycentral.com/ Turkey's English-friendly Internet Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Ben Densin] Signup Form is Rejecting All E-mail addresses In reply to
Hi,

Mmm.. I'm not sure thats what you problem is. I don't think its anything to do with the email addresses. If the email address was in the wrong format, you would see this error message:

Code:
Invalid e-mail address: 'bla@bla.com'

Do you have any plugins installed? I saw one issue, with I think it was the CAPTCHA plugin - and the code was missing for it in the include_form.html template.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Signup Form is Rejecting All E-mail addresses In reply to
Aha! That must be it. The Captcha Plug-in is in stalled, and I have been using it in my links submission form, but not in the signup form. I'll add the code there and see if it corrects it... The timing is consistent with when I upgraded and added plugins.

Nice catch, Andy, I would never have thought of it... Thanks very much
http://www.turkeycentral.com/ Turkey's English-friendly Internet Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Ben Densin] Signup Form is Rejecting All E-mail addresses In reply to
Hi,

No problem.

Its only the fact I had it happen on a clients site, and spent ages debugging it, only to find that it was the code missing for the CAPTCHA plugin :P

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!