Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

mysqlman/recip_link problem

Quote Reply
mysqlman/recip_link problem
Hi

I installed the recip_link plugin, and it seems to be working ok. In order to run the check on the links already in the database I need to copy the column "URL" into the column "Recip_URL", as otherwise the check shows "bad" against every URL that was added before I installed the plugin. So I need a way to be able to check for recips on the sites already there (over 17,000 links)

So I tried to export one column from sql using mysqlman, intending to then import it into the new column, and even though it appears to offer the possibility of doing this every time I click "go" it returns me to the login page..I login using "localhost" and the correct username and password, and try again, and go round in circles.

So firstly, am I going about this the right way, will it work, or is there an easier way?

And secondly...does anyone know what the issue with mysqlman is.....I searched for the problem on this forum, and the last person never got an answer.

Any help is much appreciated!

Piglet
Quote Reply
Re: [piglet] mysqlman/recip_link problem In reply to
Hi,

If you just wanna copy the URL field to Recip_URL, then this command should do the trick:

UPDATE glinks_Links SET Recip_URL = URL;

Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] mysqlman/recip_link problem In reply to
Thank you Andy, a nerve wracking moment for me, but it worked perfectly!! Smile

Could I also ask what may seem a rather basic question, as I can't find it specified in the readme......if I run check a few more times, after the number specified in "Delete_After_x_Failures" will it simply delete the entire entry that has failed the recip test? This is what I want it do, as I am recommisioning a list with a lot of old/out of date links.

Thanks!

Piglet
Quote Reply
Hi,

It looks like that feature was removed for some reason. I've just re-added it, and uploaded version 3.2.0 (in the Members Area). Please let me know how that works for ya =)

If you want to actually delete the links (not just unvalidate those that don't have recip links), then you need to open /admin/Plugins/Recip_Link.pm, and find:

Code:
my $hard_delete = 0; # Set this to 1 if you want to actually REMOVE the link.
# Leave on 0 if you only want to unvalidate links
# that don't have a recip link found...

Just set to "1", and it will delete the links for ya (once they have failed to add the recip link x times in a row)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Thanks Andy, much appreciated!

It has given me another problem though, I didn't want it to send out the emails, and previously I just removed the email path in GT temporarily. this version checks though and comes to an immediate halt. Is there a proper way of stopping it sending the bad or good emails out?

Thanks!

Piglet
Quote Reply
Hi,

Should be as simple as editing the following lines out (in /admin/Plugins/Recip_Link.pm);

Code:
send_email('good',$hit) if $hit->{isValidated} eq "No"; # only send out if they have been unvalidated before...

..and:

Code:
&send_email('bad',$hit) if $hit->{isValidated} eq "Yes"; # only send out if they have been unvalidated before...

Should do the trick =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks Andy, I tried this, but still gettingthis when I recheck:

Software error:
GT::Mail (32023): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. $obj->send (%opts); smtp or sendmail and a head part must exist at this point. at /home/yogi1/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Plugins/Recip_Link.pm line 846.

I just commented out the lines specified, I take it that is correct and I didn;t have to remove the whole sections follwing those lines?

thanks!

Piglet
Quote Reply
Did you comment out all occurrences of them? There are 2 occurences of each (one for "check all", and the other for "staggered")

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
No, I missed the other occurences...this now works fine now all four are commented out :)

Thanks, again!

Piglet