Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Timestmp problems

Quote Reply
Timestmp problems
If I create a new category in a windows based install it builds the new category page. Likewise if i add a link to that category it works. However if I add a new link to a existing cateory it does not build.

Looking at the timestamp is seems very vague

Add date
2004-11-30 00:00:00.000

Now if i modify it it stays on the date. Now if I make a sligh chage to the modified timestmp

2004-11-30 00:00:01.000

it builds fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: [ukseo] Timestmp problems In reply to
Hi. Are you refering to the "Build Changed" process?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Timestmp problems In reply to
thats right Andy

Cheers
Quote Reply
Ah, ok.

If you run Database > Repair Tables, and then do a Build Changed... does it work?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Andy

Not sure that helped. The timestamp is not showing much detail, on both the updated and the modified feilds

eg

2004-12-01 00:00:00.000

Any ideas

Regards
Quote Reply
Mmm ... is that timestamp for the category, or link?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Sorry

That was to a test link that I added from the front page. I think this is where the issue is coming from. If I was to build changed tomorrow I think it might work, but that would be awkward.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Yeah, doing a build changed tomorrow would work ... but obviously its not very praticle. Not sure why its not working correctly I'm afraid Frown Based on what I know, the "Build Changed" works by looking at the last timestamp (from the latest build), but uses the Category TimeStmp value, rather than the links (AFAIK). Not sure if thats any help though :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk