Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Help explaining Sendmail error

Quote Reply
Help explaining Sendmail error
I'm hoping someone can help me understand what this means in english...

Thanks!

A fatal error has occured:
Unable to send mail: Unable to send email. Reason: Sendmail exited with an unknown exit status: 255 at /home/xyz/www/cgi-bin/admin/Links/User/Add.pm line 171.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Stack Trace
======================================
Links (24673): Links::environment called at /home/xyz/www/cgi-bin/admin/Links.pm line 431 with no arguments.
Links (24673): Links::fatal called at /home/xyz/www/cgi-bin/admin/Links/User/Add.pm line 171 with arguments
(Unable to send mail: Unable to send email. Reason: Sendmail exited with an unknown exit status: 255 at /home/xyz/www/cgi-bin/admin/Links/User/Add.pm line 171.
).
Links (24673): Links::User::Add::add_link called at /home/xyz/www/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with arguments
(HASH(0x84a3b68)).
Links (24673): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /home/xyz/www/cgi-bin/admin/Links/User/Add.pm line 31 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /home/xyz/www/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins, user_add_link, CODE(0x824787c), HASH(0x84a3b68)).
Links (24673): Links::User::Add::handle called at /home/xyz/www/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with no arguments.
Links (24673): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /home/xyz/www/cgi-bin/add.cgi line 25 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /home/xyz/www/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins, handle_add, CODE(0x82311a8)).
Quote Reply
Re: [stilton] Help explaining Sendmail error In reply to
Looks like you have a problem with Sendmail. Did you define the admin email address corectly? (i.e. is it valid)

Also, does sendmail work in any another Perl scripts you may have on your site?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Help explaining Sendmail error In reply to
Yes, sendmail has been working without any problems with my links install. I've been trying to configure a third party form processing script to pass the values to links in order to take advantage of the multi form capabilities, and then it suddenly did this. I only changed the third party form script, but I didn't touch anything in Links or sendmail. I know a com port won't work anymore once the ports been opened and not properly closed until rebooted....is there any kind of similarity to that with sendmail?

Thanks again for your help,

Steve
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Re: [stilton] Help explaining Sendmail error In reply to
Have you talked to your ISP about this? It could have been something their end, and just a coincidence that its caused a problem once you edited the formmail script.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!