Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Classifeds and Search engine

Quote Reply
Classifeds and Search engine
Since Links SQL is such a flexible program, isn't it possible to run both a search engine and classifieds using just on copy?
Quote Reply
Re: [Royce] Classifeds and Search engine In reply to
Sure. You just need to know how to edit the templates, and organise the categories/category templates etc. I was working on a ClassifiedsSQL a while back (will be re-taking it up again soon, as I need to get it done). LinksSQL + a classified system is definatly a good combination :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Classifeds and Search engine In reply to
Hi Andy,

That's what I thought. I did some experimenting, and it certainly appears that it can be done. Someone before had said that I would need two copies.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [Royce] Classifeds and Search engine In reply to
Depending on the size of site/classifieds system you are intending to create, I don't see why it wouldn't.

Here is a good example of this: http://www.mining-services.com/mining/pages/ (I hope they don't mind me pasting their URL).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Classifeds and Search engine In reply to
(I hope they don't mind me pasting their URL).

Not at all.

Regards

minesite