Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

A fatal error "No such file or directory"

Quote Reply
A fatal error "No such file or directory"
Hi, people!

Help me out please with my little problem. I exported my base from Links SQL (version 2.1.1) to Links SQL (version 2.1.2) and while building cataloge (Build All) i got the follwing error:

A fatal error has occured:

Unable to open: '/usr/local/www/commerce/referats/docs/html/rkr/90/index.html' (No such file or directory) at /usr/local/www/commerce/referats/cgi-bin/referat/admin/nph-build.cgi line 913.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

What should i do? Unsure
Help me out please.

Best regards,
Dave

Last edited by:

Apeiron: May 17, 2003, 4:43 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Apeiron] A fatal error "No such file or directory" In reply to
Your best bet is to delete the contents of /usr/local/www/commerce/referats/docs/html (or whatever your pages folder is), and CHMOd the pages folder to 777. Then do a rebuild.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] A fatal error "No such file or directory" In reply to
Hi Andy,
I'am getting a similar error.. while doing build all i get this error:
" Building category Car rentals/Acworth ...
Links: 0
Done

Building category Car rentals/AD
Making Directory (0777): '/boot/html/car-rentals/ad-' ...Made.
Links: 0
A fatal error has occured:Can't read AD . Reason: No such file or directory at (eval 51) line 6.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details."

I did change the permissions of the directory to 777 but it still continues to come.
I have inserted some new rows (9 in total) in the lsql_Category table and the Name column is the one which is used to build the filename.
I altered the same so that instead of the index.html being formed it gets the name.html file.
Is it because i have similar named files previously stored in this directory or something else ?

regards
Kamal
Quote Reply
Re: [kamalrajm] A fatal error "No such file or directory" In reply to
Thanks anyway, got it guys !!!! phew!!!! these permissions......