Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Searches
I seem to be having a problem with searches. I'm fairly sure it is my fault but can't figure it out.

I have a link with title "Webmin" but when I search for web I get no results, but do get all the categories with "web" in.

I've repaired/re-indexed

Title weight is 3, URL 2 and description 3

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] Searches In reply to
Hi,

Look in the table Links_Word_List, is the word Webmin there?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Searches In reply to
Yikes, that's weird. All I see is:

lsql_CatLinks
lsql_CatRelations
lsql_Category
lsql_Changes
lsql_ClickTrack
lsql_Editors
lsql_EmailMailings
lsql_EmailTemplates
lsql_Links
lsql_MailingIndex
lsql_MailingList
lsql_MailingListIndex
lsql_Reviews
lsql_SearchLog
lsql_Users
lsql_Verify

This is a default install of 2.1.0-beta1

Last edited by:

PaulW: Nov 30, 2001, 11:36 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,

Ah, goto Database->Links->Properties. What is your Search Index set to? Try setting it to INTERNAL, and then run Reindex. If you have it on MYSQL, then it uses mysql's full text indexes (which as of 3.23 are still a little strange).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex,

I'm having something odd as well. I imorted a 1.13 database, and the repair went ok, but when I tried to run the re-index, I'm getting errors.

First, I checked, and my .def fiels were all wrong, so I resync'd those.

Then, I read this, and I changed the indexing from "nonindexed" to "Internal".

But, I'm still getting the following errors"

Quote:
Started at Tue Dec 4 20:42:16 2001.

Indexing Links Database ... 511 links.

Done!

Reindexing Category Database ... 63 categories.

Done!

A fatal error has occured:Undefined subroutine &main::do_nothing called at /www/postcards/cgi-bin/LinkSQL/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 102.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Stack Trace
======================================
Links (10348): Links::environment called at /www/postcards/cgi-bin/LinkSQL/admin/Links.pm line 494 with no arguments.Links (10348): Links::fatal called at /www/postcards/cgi-bin/LinkSQL/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 102 with arguments (Undefined subroutine &main::do_nothing called at /www/postcards/cgi-bin/LinkSQL/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 102.
).Links (10348): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /www/postcards/cgi-bin/LinkSQL/admin/nph-index.cgi line 179 with arguments (GT::Plugins, /www/postcards/cgi-bin/LinkSQL/admin/Plugins, reindex_database, CODE(0x4cfcd4), [undef]).Links (10348): main::reindex called at /www/postcards/cgi-bin/LinkSQL/admin/nph-index.cgi line 54 with no arguments.Links (10348): main::main called at /www/postcards/cgi-bin/LinkSQL/admin/nph-index.cgi line 29 with no arguments.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Searches In reply to
Pugdog, you need to add the following into nph-index.cgi...

sub do_nothing { }
Quote Reply
Great thanks Alex, you were right. It was set to MYSQL. Using INTERNAL works fine.
Quote Reply
Yeah, I got around to doing that, but it seemed odd. Seemed more like something was broken, not missing. Guess I missed the bug report on this one.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.