Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Where to change RewriteRules for Setup-Settings

Quote Reply
Where to change RewriteRules for Setup-Settings
Hi,

I'm just wondering where I can change the rewrite rules for the
admin > Setup > Paths and URLs > build_category_format & build_detail_format ?

If I choose one of the advanced build-options, foreign characters, spaces, etc. are always be replaced by an underscore (_).

But I like to have some exceptions/other replacements like:
replacing Ä by Ae instead by _
replacing ä by ae instead by _

Does anyone have an idea?

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] Where to change RewriteRules for Setup-Settings In reply to
This is possible with my DirName converter plugin in LSQL v2.x.

LSQL v3.x requires a rewrite of the plugin, and will be released soon...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Where to change RewriteRules for Setup-Settings In reply to
Yes,

but I'd like to change the rewrite-rules during the build without the need to run a plugin manually or adding additional columns to the links-table.

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
I plan to add a feature into DirName converter plugin, which will automatically create/convert the new directory name, when a new category is added. This would make unnecessary to run the DirName converter plugin every time.
Also an advanced installer is under way to be created, so the required DirName column is added automatically to the database. You will not need manual action.
The only manual action you need to do, after installed & configured the plugin, to execute the directory name conversion on whole database, first time.

Would this match your needs?

EDIT, BTW: please don't call this feature as "RewriteRules", because RewriteRules are related to an Apache module & feature, while this is a software solution implemented into LSQL, and extended by the DirName converter plugin.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Apr 26, 2005, 2:28 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,

thanks for your reply!

No, that won't match, because the rewriting of the Detailed Pages during the build is not solved
and you'll have to have (created by the plugin) another column in the links-table which shouldn't be
neccessary if you're going to define the link-title rewrite rules during the build of the detailed pages in a more flexible way than it's now (advanced: always rewritten by underscores).

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
Could you show me example?
I don't really get it.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
New Links V3 Manual, Page 102-104.

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
I know this, but it still doesn't explain what do you want.
That's why I asked examples...

FYI: There is a build_detail_format in the config option, which controls how the Detail URLs look...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Example:

I've a link with the title:

Baugeräte Dreßler Online-Shop (ID: 333)

at the moment it is rewritten -using the advanced build-detailed-pages option- as:

Bauger_te Dre_ler_Online-Shop_333.html

but I'd like to have it rewritten as:

Baugeraete Dressler_Online-Shop_333.html

I hope, now you know what I mean.

So I want to get the foreign-char rewrite-rules a little bit more detailed instead of always using the "_" as replacement.

Regards,
Manu

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Apr 26, 2005, 5:34 AM
Quote Reply
So you did change the build_detail_format to Advanced and set it as: %Full_Name%_%ID%

Right?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Apr 26, 2005, 6:13 AM
Quote Reply
%Title%_%LinkID% I think it was

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
I understand. Are you sure you used %Title% right?

The DirName converter plugin is only able to convert between SQL columns.
Since Title is an SQL column, you would be able to use a converted Title_conv column in your templates.

I understand, that you don't want to add an extra SQL column, but you should note, you need to choose from the following cases:
  1. Trade database space for CPU resource, so you don't use CPU, but use SQL database to store the 'Title', using DirName converter plugin.
  2. Trade CPU resource, for database space, so you use more CPU, but less SQL database, and the conversion is done on-the-fly.
    This would be solved using my planned "International text converter plugin".

- DirName converter plugin uses less CPU, more space.
- International text converter plugin will use more CPU, no space.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support