Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Link sub category

Quote Reply
Link sub category
I want to display in the page of a category all the links that exist in all of its subcategories, But there is more:).
Is there a way to display all the links in the same way they display in the categories (meaning a list of links that opens a new page every X no. of links)? So if there are 5 subcategory for category AAA, there will be list off the entire subcategory link, with next and back page in category AAA.
Quote Reply
Re: [nir] Link sub category In reply to
Hi,

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean :/

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Link sub category In reply to
Hi Andy:)
If category AAA has 3 subcategories BBB CCC DDD, and in these 3 subcategories there are 100 links, I want to display this links in Category AAA. And that there will be next page, so it will not be a list of 100 links in one long page.
I can make copy for every link in BBB CCC DDD categories to AAA category but it will take a lot of time.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm.. ok - lets see if I understand you =)

In category AAA, you have these links:

AAA1
AAA2
AAA3
AAA4
AAA5
AAA6
AAA7
AAA8
AAA9
AAA10

..and in category AAA/BBB, you have

BBB1
BBB2
BBB3
BBB4
BBB5
BBB6
BBB7
BBB8
BBB9
BBB10

..in category AAA/CCC, you have

CCC1
CCC2
CCC3
CCC4
CCC5
CCC6
CCC7
CCC8
CCC9
CCC10

..and finally in AAA/DDD, you have:

DDD1
DDD2
DDD3
DDD4
DDD5
DDD6
DDD7
DDD8
DDD9
DDD10

..and the output you want - is ALL of these links to show in the AAA category?

i.e:

AAA1 (up to AAA10)
BBB1 (up to BBB10)
CCC1 (up to CCC10)
DDD1 (up to DDD10)

Is that right?

I think you would need a separate script to do this really - as it would get quite "messy" to do in just a global.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi
Yes this is what I want, (and that it work for any number of links and the order of the link will be by ID).
Is there a way to fake in the category AAA so it looks like all the links in the subcategory are "Copy" to AAA category.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Is there any reason you don't just want to "add" the links in the sub-category, to the CatLinks table, so they are real copies? Instead of using a script/global.

I'm not really sure why you would want to do this? Is it a tool for you, or something your users will see?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
What you mean by add the links in the sub-category to the CatLinks table?
Quote Reply
Hi,

What I mean - is actually making the links in the categories AAA/BBB, AAA/CCC and AAA/DDD .. so they physically exists in the AAA category.

i.e if you have LinkID 1234 in category AAA/BBB - then you could add another entry in the CatLinks table, so that it exists in both AAA and AAA/BBB (its still the same linkID, but shows up in the main category too)

It would help more if I knew why you were trying to do this though, as this solution may , or may not, work for what you are trying to do :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk