Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

glinks and rss

Quote Reply
glinks and rss
Will glinks 3 fix the problem with generating rss files in 2.21?

CCUnet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] glinks and rss In reply to
What problem was that?

I believe you should be able to create a new template set that does all the generation, since everything is available as loops.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] glinks and rss In reply to
I had the template etc working fine until 2.20
check out this thread

I curently get a XML file wih no content. As I said it worked pre 2.20 versions of LSQL.

It would just be great to have working RSS in 3.0 I will try the template there to check if it works

CCUnet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] glinks and rss In reply to
Weird I did some pruning in my database today and did a repair table and now the xml file is working. Then one click and it is gone again!
Go figureUnimpressed

CCUnet
my Christian web

Last edited by:

ccunet: Mar 22, 2005, 10:15 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] glinks and rss In reply to
 Hi,

Templates and loops are great, but these all send out pages using the "text/html" media type. RSS-feeds should be served up as application/rss+xml or just application/xml.

Also, all XML-files should be UTF-8 encoded. I notice that the new templates makes it easier to serve up UTF-8 pages, but also that the admin section does not seem to use UTF-8 all the way.
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] glinks and rss In reply to
Is that something I can change or is that something that has to be done on the GT side?
I notice everytime I click on my rss link I have to repair the database to get the links to show again.

CCUnet
my Christian web