Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Auth_vBulletin Installation

Quote Reply
Auth_vBulletin Installation
Hi,

I have just installed Gossamer Links and am attempting to install Auth_vBulletin alongside my vBulletin 3.54 forum, but I can't seem to get the two of them talking to each other. GLinks currently has it's own database - is this right? What settings do I need to change?

Many thanks,

Red
Quote Reply
Re: [Red5] Auth_vBulletin Installation In reply to
The Auth_vBulletin plugin makes it so that your existing vBulletin users don't have to sign up to use GLinks - they will be automatically created if they are logged into vBulletin. All you need to do to set up the plugin is to tell it where vBulletin is installed.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Auth_vBulletin Installation In reply to
Hi, and thanks for your reply.

What seems to be happening is that if I log into the forum and then go to GLinks it recognises that I'm logged in. However, if I log out of the forum, go to GLinks and try to log in from there it doesn't recognise my user account.

Cheers,

Red
Quote Reply
Right, well I've resolved almost all the initial issues, and they were minor problems.

The only remaining issue is that the JavaScript to change the Login/Register link to a Logout link doesn't seem to work. That was the source of most of my confusion.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

I'm using a static GLinks directory, and have tested in IE and Firefox and it's broken in both.

Many thanks,

Red
Quote Reply
Re: [Red5] Auth_vBulletin Installation In reply to
The javascript is a small hack that changes the link's status based on GLinks' session cookie. Since you're not using GLinks sessions, you'll have to modify the javascript to base it off of vBulletin's session cookie. Since vBulletin's cookie name is configuration dependent, you'll have to hard code it yourself.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thank you very much for your reply.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about programming JavaScript.

I have the default vBulletin cookie settings, and it looks like the session cookie is called bbsessionhash.

The JS code is as follows:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
registerEvent(window, 'onload', function () {
var loginbar = document.getElementById('loginbar');
if (!loginbar)
return;
var loginlink = loginbar.firstChild;
if (loginlink.className != 'out')
return;
var cookies = document.cookie.split(';');
for (var i = 0; i <cookies.length; i++) {
if (cookies.match(/^\s*s=[0-9a-f]{32}\s*$/)) {
loginlink.href = 'http://www.usingenglish.com/cgi-bin/links/user.cgi?logout=1';
loginlink.className = 'in';
loginlink.firstChild.nodeValue = 'Logout';
break;
}
}
});
//]]>
</script>

Can anyone help me decipher what to edit please?

Many thanks in advance,

Red