Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Payments : Testing WorldPay gets errors

Quote Reply
Payments : Testing WorldPay gets errors
hello!

I'm trying to test the payment system using worldpay.

I have the testmode set to 100 which is meant to return successful all the time, and it does "on the user end".

But in the admin payments area those payments are coming through in the "errors" section - they're not showing up as successful payments - which I assume is being passed to the postback.cgi script from worldpay.

Any idea why they're not showing up as Successful?

Or is this how it works when you're testing?

Or is it something to do with the Net::SSLeay Perl module again that I read about elsewhere (sounded like a different problem)?

Thanks

Regan

ps . another question - can the worldpay payment option return a html response by default? this would work with the "Use callback response?" setting in worlday and replace the resultY.html template.

Last edited by:

ryel01: Jul 14, 2004, 11:02 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Payments : Testing WorldPay gets errors In reply to
What's the error message in the log?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Payments : Testing WorldPay gets errors In reply to
there is no messge, just the type "Error" and the date.

this is from the payment fields in the db...

Code:
+------------+---------------------+--------------+--------------+----------------+--------------+
| paylogs_id | paylogs_payments_id | paylogs_type | paylogs_time | paylogs_viewed | paylogs_text |
+------------+---------------------+--------------+--------------+----------------+--------------+
| 1 | 4936f5f97a4097bd | 3 | 1089868400 | 1 | |
| 2 | 9affca2de7c8e491 | 3 | 1089869602 | 1 | |

+------------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+---------------+-----------------+---------------+----------------+---------------+
| payments_id | payments_linkid | payments_status | payments_method | payments_type | payments_amount | payments_term | payments_start | payments_last |
+------------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+---------------+-----------------+---------------+----------------+---------------+
| 4936f5f97a4097bd | 4641 | 3 | remote_WorldPay | 0 | 25 | 1y | 1089867975 | 1089868400 |
| 9affca2de7c8e491 | 4642 | 3 | remote_WorldPay | 0 | 25 | 1y | 1089869527 | 1089869602 |
Quote Reply
Hrm, have you got the latest 2.2.0? Otherwise, I'd have to login and look at it to do some debugging.

Adrian
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hrm, have you got the latest 2.2.0? Otherwise, I'd have to login and look at it to do some debugging.

Yip I think so - it's 2.2.0 - downloaded about 2 weeks ago.

It wouldn't have anything to do with me testing it in test mode 100? I don't know if worldpay returns a different code to passback.cgi when you're using that as apposed to doing a live transaction?

let me know if you want me to email server details through...

regan.
Quote Reply
How are you using test mode? Are you turning it on using the config option in the payment setup?

I'm not sure what a live transaction log looks like, but here's what my test transaction gives me for the log:
Code:
Recurring payment notification received from WorldPay Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxx Amount: US$90.00 (US$90.00) FuturePay ID: xxxxxxx Authorization Message: cardbe.msg.testSuccess

Just email it to the address in my profile.

Adrian
Quote Reply
yip, just turning the 100 on and doing it that way.

will have a wee play and then email it through if i can't crack it... so expect an email. Wink

regan