Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Okay to use Links SQL Beta 2.1 v3 on live site?

Quote Reply
Okay to use Links SQL Beta 2.1 v3 on live site?
Is it okay to use the new beta of Links SQL on a live site? The changes are yet to be made are irrelevant for me.

Thx.

Last edited by:

cortez: Jan 13, 2002, 4:03 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [cortez] Okay to use Links SQL Beta 2.1 v3? In reply to
You should be fine. I've got it installed and working ok on my server. The review system is still not working unless you are logged in, but it does seen to be mainly ok. If you are using it solely for the old features (add, modify, pages,dynaimc page.cgi etc) you should be fine Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Okay to use Links SQL Beta 2.1 v3? In reply to
Andy,

my 2.10, downloaded on 23.Dec.01 works fine with review.

Guest reviews runs without any problems (dynamic mode).

Michael

--
Michael Skaide

http://www.cycle24.de

Quote Reply
Re: [Michael Skaide] Okay to use Links SQL Beta 2.1 v3? In reply to
Thanks for the help. Let's hope that they put out the releases incrementally, as I definitely can't wait for the release date that they've set.

Shame their schedule is so unpredictable.
Quote Reply
Re: [cortez] Okay to use Links SQL Beta 2.1 v3 on live site? In reply to
It isn't recommended that you use any beta's (in general) on live sites. There could be changes in templates or the way things work in the code which can affect any changes you've made.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Okay to use Links SQL Beta 2.1 v3? In reply to
In Reply To:
The review system is still not working unless you are logged in, but it does seen to be mainly ok.
Your tables are probably old, and haven't been updated. The problem was fixed (that or they added anonymous reviews) in Beta 2. If you check admin/Links/SQL.pm, and compare the Reviews table with what it should be as in SQL.pm, you might notice some columns are missing (this is another reason why you shouldn't use Beta's on live sites Smile. The upgrade script won't automatically add these columns because it doesn't handle the beta upgrades).

Adrian