Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

New Table or Another Installation?

Quote Reply
New Table or Another Installation?
On a static site, I'd like to provide an option for users to add Events. The events would/could be listed in the same manner Links are listed, they do not have to be in a "Calendar" type page layout.

Since details needed for Events would be completely different from details needed for Links, would it be possible to use LinksSQL calling from a different table in the database and sharing the User table? Or, would I need a second installation of LSQL to handle the events (and how would the user tables be merged)?
Quote Reply
Re: [Karen] New Table or Another Installation? In reply to
I would think you either need a new installation of LinksSQL, or a plugin written that will access a different table. It would be possible to do it all with one installation, but its would be a *lot* of work.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] New Table or Another Installation? In reply to
Thanks, Andy. I was afraid that would be the case. :(
Quote Reply
Re: [Karen] New Table or Another Installation? In reply to
Can be done with a global to access the table and a small edit of an admin page to give the table as a choice along with users, links, etc ....
Quote Reply
Re: [webslicer] New Table or Another Installation? In reply to
Interesting. Can you provide a bit more details on how this would be accomplished?