Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Links Table Definition: new ENUM-select is "Unknown Tag" in add.cgi

Quote Reply
Links Table Definition: new ENUM-select is "Unknown Tag" in add.cgi
I added a new ENUM-column to the Links Table Definition. It works within the admin-section (e.g. add or modify a link) ... but if I call <%new_enum%> (like I do with <%Category%> to get the category-pulldown) in include_form.html to get the <select><option>...</select> stuff ... there appears a "Unknown Tag"-error only.

What's wrong? Do I have to add the pulldown for that new ENUM-column manually to the templates while it appears in the admin-section automatically? How does <%Category%> work? Is it possible to add a plugin for <%new_enum%> to make it work like <%Category%>?

Thanks for your help,
e

PS: I've got a perl-coding question in the Dev-section of this forum but obviously there's noone who's able to answer. Maybe you are?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=209240

Last edited by:

e: Aug 6, 2002, 2:58 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [e] Links Table Definition: new ENUM-select is "Unknown Tag" in add.cgi In reply to
Try re-synching the defs in Database > Links > Properties. Then check that the tag that you're placing in the templates is the database column name rather than the displayed PrettyName. Should work okay.
Quote Reply
Re: [giovanni] Links Table Definition: new ENUM-select is "Unknown Tag" in add.cgi In reply to
In Reply To:
Try re-synching the defs in Database > Links > Properties. Then check that the tag that you're placing in the templates is the database column name rather than the displayed PrettyName. Should work okay.

I did resynch but there were no changes. The tag itself works properly within add.html and other templates. It only doesn't provide a pull-down-menu.
Quote Reply
Re: [e] Links Table Definition: new ENUM-select is "Unknown Tag" in add.cgi In reply to
Oh, okay. In that case, maybe it would be easiest to copy and past the html, and make the first option

<option selected><%FieldName%>

or make a global to sort it out for you :)
Quote Reply
Re: [giovanni] Links Table Definition: new ENUM-select is "Unknown Tag" in add.cgi In reply to
In Reply To:
Oh, okay. In that case, maybe it would be easiest to copy and past the html, and make the first option
<option selected><%FieldName%>

I'll use this solution instead:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=156928

Still I'm wondering why I can't simply insert <%enum%>.

Last edited by:

e: Aug 8, 2002, 7:00 AM