Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Links SQL trouble

Quote Reply
Links SQL trouble
hi,

when i go into my Links SQL admin->Database and try to list all Links, Categories, etc. or try to display properties, modify links, etc. i always get some really confusing errors like the one below:

System Information
======================================
Perl Version: 5.006
Links SQL Version: 2.1.0
DBI.pm Version: 1.21
Persistant Env: mod_perl (1) SpeedyCGI (0)
Mod Perl Version: 1.2401
GT::SQL::error = Links::Admin (23173): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: The 'def_path' argument to $admin->process is deprecated. You should pass in a GT::SQL object using 'db' instead. at (eval 11) line 7.

@INC =
/home/jagerman/projects/gforum/cgi/admin
/var/www/cgi-bin/freemail/admin
../..
/var/www/cgi-bin/forum/admin
/var/www/cgi-bin/shop/admin
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
/etc/httpd/
/etc/httpd/lib/perl

does anyone has an idea how to fix it ?

Cheers,

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Apr 12, 2002, 11:19 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] Links SQL trouble In reply to
I see you have mod_perl (1) enabled, so just an idea, that maybe the problem is related to mod_perl.

Another idea, that you may have an old plugin installed. Try to uninstall all plugins. Maybe this helps.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Apr 12, 2002, 5:22 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Links SQL trouble In reply to
indeed the problem is related to mod_perl i think.

using links_sql, gt_forum and gt_mail without mod_perl i haven't had those problems.

i also did a completely new installation of gt_mail under mod_perl but the troubles and errors are still the same!

e.g.:

• Error: GT::SQL (28252): Unknown method 'cols' called at /var/www/cgi-bin/freemail/admin/GMail/SQL/Admin.pm line 893.
  • Error: GT::SQL (28221): Unknown method 'ai' called at /var/www/cgi-bin/freemail/admin/GMail/SQL/Admin.pm line 57.
  • Error: GT::SQL (28221): Unknown method 'select' called at (eval 455) line 14....
  • Links::Admin (28218): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: The 'def_path' argument to $admin->process is deprecated. You should pass in a GT::SQL object using 'db' instead. at (eval 11) line 7.
  • Links::Admin (340): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: The 'def_path' argument to $admin->process is deprecated. You should pass in a GT::SQL object using 'db' instead. at (eval 11) line 7.....

Mad i am a bit angry because everywhere you look in the support-forum or instructions of Gossamer Threads you can read that the programms are working best with mod_perl. but the opposite seems true.

they aren't working at all!!!

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Apr 14, 2002, 6:42 AM
Quote Reply
Have you done any upgrades recently?

have you tried restarting the mod_perl server?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Links SQL trouble In reply to
no i haven't made any upgrades.

i did a completly new installation of gt_mail hoping this would help so i could do the same with links_sql and gt_forum but that didn't help at all.

i am using
  • links sql 2.1.0
  • gt_mail 2.0.6
  • gt_forum 1.1.3

i have restarted my server more than once but withaout any effect.

cheers,

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
What does the startup file look like?
Quote Reply
startup.pl:

#!/usr/bin/perl

$ENV{GATEWAY_INTERFACE} =~ /^CGI-Perl/ or die "GATEWAY_INTERFACE not Perl!";

use strict;

use lib '/var/www/cgi-bin/shop/admin';

use lib '/var/www/cgi-bin/freemail/admin';

use lib '/var/www/cgi-bin/forum/admin';

use CGI ();

CGI->compile (':all');

use DBI ();

use DBD::mysql ();

use Links::mod_perl ();

use GMail::mod_perl();

use GForum::mod_perl();

1; # return true

cheers,

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
Thats not how it should be.

If you put all 3 use lib lines at the top only the last will be used seeing as you have the mod_perl.pm require lines at the bottom. You need them in order.

use lib ...
require Links::mod_perl;

use lib ...
require GForum::mod_perl;

etc...

You should remove the CGI and DBI lines too I think.

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 14, 2002, 7:59 AM
Quote Reply
SmileWinkCoolhey paul,

you are my hero !!!

thanks, now it all seems to work !

-sometimes things are quite simple!

thanks a lot !

Cheers,

Regards,
Manu