Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

How to change look of search results?

Quote Reply
How to change look of search results?
Hi,

I want to know how to change the font name, size & color of the categories that are printed above each set of links returned when a user searches on my site. I have looked through the various templates and 'global' files looking for a css definition or some other clue.

For example, when a user searches for 'hotel', a list of links is returned and they are grouped by category. I have figured out how to change the links themselves, but not the categories.

I would be grateful for any information someone could give me on this subject.

David
Quote Reply
Re: [davenet] How to change look of search results? In reply to
subcategory.html
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] How to change look of search results? In reply to
thanks for the reply... however the template you mentioned doesn't seem to have anything to do with listing search results. i'm talking about the results that are generated after performing a search. i know that the 'link' itself is controlled by the link.html template, but what about the category listed above the link? i don't see how the subcategory.html is involved in this.

to see what i'm talking about, do a search on a LinksSQL site of some kind and notice how the LONG category name is listed above each set of links that is related to the search. that's what i'm trying to modify the font for.

david
Quote Reply
You may want to look in Links/User/Search.pm at lines 138 and 167 (in EditPlus)
Quote Reply
Alex has been pulling the HTML code out of the .pm and .cgi files, so I imagine this is going to eventually be fixed as well. It should be setable in the template at the template level anyway :)

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.