Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Glinks3 and meta tags

Quote Reply
Glinks3 and meta tags
Meta tags for the Home Page specifically have to be created separately. Looks like it was available in 2.x but in 3.x it's just from the category table that the meta tags are picked up for the category. Nothing for the home page. using page_id the template (include_common_header.html) has been modified, but perhaps it could be better if it was included by default ... otherwise where from does the home page get it's Meta tags? Hope i have not missed something obvious ...

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Glinks3 and meta tags In reply to
I don't recall there being a setting for meta tags on the home page, where are you getting these from?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Glinks3 and meta tags In reply to
Hi

Originial 2x template i have removed. Currently for GLinks3 this is what i have done:

put up in globlal section:
site_meta_desc
site_meta_key

Then in include_common_header.html

<%if page_id eq 'home'%>
<%site_meta_desc%>
<%else%>
... the original stuff in the template
<%endif%>

Likewise for the keywords part.

Offtopic but following if possible:

The 8 images wrt the right/left/bottom/top/topright/topleft/bottomleft/bottomright ... if it can be made available in different colors (say going by the solar system ... :=) ), then the luna (looks like to be moon) layout could be basically be made available in 7 or 8 different color schemes ... just a suggestion if that's possible. I say this as couldn't get the image done while trying to edit.

Thanks

Thanks
HyTC
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Glinks3 and meta tags In reply to
I just took a look at this again, and an easier way would be to just set Meta_Description and Meta_Keywords globals and leave include_common_head.html as is. Then for the home.html, it will use the globals, but for categories, Meta_Description and Meta_Keywords from the category will override the ones defined in the globals. That however does mean that non-category pages (eg. cool, new, etc) will get the same meta description/keywords.

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Apr 5, 2005, 1:36 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Glinks3 and meta tags In reply to
I wonder, where does GL 3 reading from meta tags?

Do need to make global or is there any place where can I set this?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [deadroot] Glinks3 and meta tags In reply to
include_common_header.html

This is for the category if the categories have the same.
For other pages, i believe it has to be worked around. I took for "Detailed" page, a shortened version of what goes in <%Description%> for description, Added a Links_Keywords column for keywords (Admin controlled only).

For Home page set up global

Thanks
HyTC

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Apr 13, 2005, 3:26 AM