Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Full_Name
I'm creating a directory with multiple languages, so I started with changing the categories table. I added ex. Name_en and Full_Name_en etc.

As far as I understand the original Full_Name is generated by the Category Name so that it will look like Category/Sub Category/Sub Sub Category

This is fine with the original fields, but how can I make that is also automatically generated in the new Full_Name_en field from the Name_en fields of the table?

Thanks

Last edited by:

Jagerman: Apr 7, 2006, 5:52 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [lapinkulta] Full_Name In reply to
I think GT has a plugin for sites with multiple languages - see this thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=185396#185396

Otherwise, do a search for 'languages' and you should find some help.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Full_Name In reply to
@afinlr
Thanks for the hint. I sent an e-mail, but that plug-in is not suitable for me. I want to users to be able to do more things than it would allow me.

So, is there a solution how to build Full_name_en for example by hacking around with some globals or so?

Please help

Last edited by:

Jagerman: Apr 7, 2006, 5:49 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [lapinkulta] Full_Name In reply to
Hi,

Links SQL depends on Full_Name for the category tree. What you could do is leave Full_Name intact, and then add Full_Name_lang1, Full_Name_lang2 as new fields that you manually enter when adding a category.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Full_Name In reply to
Expanding a bit on that, you could use Full_Name for the directory structure that is going to be built (i.e. what is displayed in the URL's), and then in the templates, use a global that displays the category name based on the the appropriate language version.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex,

what would it take to do this?

Like for example to make a second version of Full_Name base on "Titre" instead of "Title"?
Quote Reply
If my request takes a considerable amount of time to answer, let me know and I will post a new topic in the "Custom Modification Jobs" section of this forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] Full_Name In reply to
You could have a look at the Multilanguage Plugin.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
I have created all the extra fields, done all the translations, even got a solution to using the Yahooplugin in two different langauges.... The only thing left is a global for the title of detailed pages in another language. That's why I don't want to spend more than the price of LSQL it self for just one global. Hope you understand.
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] Full_Name In reply to
I think you need a plugin with a PRE hook on build_title_linked. Then you can copy the build_title_linked sub into the global and put in a
GT::Plugins->action ( STOP );
to use this sub instead of the original. Then you can modify it to get the output you need (may not be that straightforward to do this bit!)
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Full_Name In reply to
I am sorry, but I don't speak perl...Crazy
But thank you for tryingSmile